Discussion topic: Lip Sync issues - Sky Stream

This message was authored by NL77 This message was authored by: NL77

Re: QS025 Lip Sync Issues

We have had Sky Stream for a less than a week and have ready noticed lip synch issues; I'm currently watching Wimbledon and the the ball is over the net before we hear the sound of it being hit by racket. I will look thogub this thread to try any suggested fixes but an update from Sky on this would be appreciated - I am beginning to regret our decision to switch. 

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@NL77 Whilst it can be annoying a temporary solution is mentioned a number of times in this thread.  See post 351 (page 24) for an official reply from Sky.  In addition to their solution you can also try your audio settings on Passthrough to see if that is better then PCM.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by ken+mackenzie This message was authored by: ken+mackenzie

How long is temporary 

A company with their revenues and techies should be able to solve this much quicker 

give it to an Asian tech team and get a quicker solution 

This message was authored by NL77 This message was authored by: NL77

Thanks - yes we're going through the thread now and trying all the fixes - hopefully we can improve things! 

This message was authored by Chris4Stream This message was authored by: Chris4Stream

Hi @Fothergill1 

I know you are not a Sky employee, and are trying your best to keep forum members informed and upto date, but Sky Stream users are getting fed up at the lack of response from Sky on this issue.

What seems stranges to me is that there seems to be even more users complaining in the last week?

Sky needs to put out an offical message....

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@Chris4Stream  I know it was not the same for all users but many people (including myself) found that the last update (QS028) resolved the issue.  Personally I have not had any lip sync since receiving that update.  I am aware that Sky are working to find a permanent solution but in the meantime have offered the workaround as previously mentioned.

This message was authored by Andrew1960 This message was authored by: Andrew1960

Lip sync with the puck will not match up

I have tried many times to get the sync matching with the time and the lips but too no avail. The guys in the sky store said I need a new puck but can't get through to anyone. 

This message was authored by ken+mackenzie This message was authored by: ken+mackenzie

Perhaps they should have a new branded logo

Sky Puck "works mostly nothing "

This message was authored by Chris4Stream This message was authored by: Chris4Stream

Re: Lip sync with the puck will not match up

@Fothergill1 

For complete transparency, Im not having the issue.

However is there someway we can help Sky collect feedback from forums users?

It feels like there are so many angry Sky subscribers?

@Chris4Stream  Although Sky do not often post on the fourm, which is essentially a customer help customer forum, the moderators to keep an eye on the posts looking out for common issues.  Also the Superusers will report on the closed forum if we notice new issues developing.

I understand your comment about angry subscribers however it should be appreciated that subscribers mostly come on the forum searching for help when they have problems which makes it appear as though everyone is upset.  In reality the vast majority of Sky subscribers have no issues and are completely happy and so do not come on the forum (if that makes sense).  On a personal note I have had my fair share of issues with Glass and Stream but would not consider returning to Sky Q as I find the streaming platform far more convenient.

Anyway, good luck and hopefully happy viewing.

This message was authored by Mander1 This message was authored by: Mander1

Hi, 

Tried all the settings, it helps slightly but is still out.

I pay a lot of money for this, surly my bills can be reduced for system not suitable for purpose?

This message was authored by Littletaffia This message was authored by: Littletaffia

Sky has reached out to me directly via e-mail about the problems with the Stream puck that I'm experiencing. However for the last three weeks, apart from a couple of visits to Discover, I've only watched House of Dragons. So there's no doubt Sky does look at this forum.

I am very very close to sending Stream back, the lip sync issue was dreadful on Discover, so much so that I can't use my surround sound with it as the sync is out by second not milli seconds. It's not so bad via the TV speakers but that's not what I'm paying for.

@Fothergill1 

The angry posts keep coming Stop depending Sky 

Sky need to sort this out

People are paying a lot of money for a service that is not working Stop defending Sky

Enough IS enough, SKY sort it out.

DONT pay lips service to your forum members!

Businesses are built on trust and customer service 

History will show you that they crumble without that

It's great that a few may be okay but many are not 

Does the CEO of Sky even know what's happening to his business and customers 

Wake up and smel the coffee: lots of competition out their waiting for their chance

Fix it it pay the orixe for you and your shareholders

Do not stick your head in the sand

Cimmunicate with your customers !!!!!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion