Discussion topic: QS025 Lip Sync Issues

This message was authored by ken+mackenzie This message was authored by: ken+mackenzie

Re: QS025 Lip Sync Issues

Have had the issue since first posting it many many weeks ago

yes it goes away if using pass through but still can't use what is specified as the audio options with sky service 

I noticed it most on live broadcast channels like bbc , itv , sky sports , etc 

don't seem to get it in Netflix for example 

I've stopped trying to test until I read a positive update report in the issue 

the latest software upgrade has made no difference 

This message was authored by CharlieD This message was authored by: CharlieD

Sky stream sound to picture sync

I have Stream and constantly have picture to sound sync issues. Its very very annoying. We get internet speeds of 124mbs download so should be fine. Also get "blips" where sound goes for about 3 seconds. This is on all channels but not when I switch back to freeview. Any ideas anyone? So far not impressed with sky stream.

This message was authored by Padam_Padam This message was authored by: Padam_Padam

Re: Sky stream sound to picture sync

@CharlieD wrote:

I have Stream and constantly have picture to sound sync issues. Its very very annoying. We get internet speeds of 124mbs download so should be fine. Also get "blips" where sound goes for about 3 seconds. This is on all channels but not when I switch back to freeview. Any ideas anyone? So far not impressed with sky stream.

Sadly it's not uncommon. You'll see an already lengthy thread about lip sync and others noting drop-outs with Dolby Atmos audio. 

Nobody has a confirmed fix because it affects some customers more than others, and some claim to not be affected at all. Sky have seemingly been trying to fix it for a while now but as yet there is no resolution. I had Stream for a year and nothing improved during that time so I cancelled. 

We can only assume that it's something to do with Sky's server based approach to its whole streaming service, and the added latency which this introduces. It could also vary depending on which Sky server your puck is connected to, and how busy it is, but these are things you have no control over.

It's a case of giving Sky some more time to try and work out the cause and roll out a fix, or learn to live with the issues... or cancel. 

This message was authored by llmishll This message was authored by: llmishll

17:45 1 July 2024 ITV1HD I am running latest update but still have lipsync issue

This message was authored by 55552555 This message was authored by: 55552555

I have noticed this for some time  but trying to watch Glastonbury was unwatchable on Sky. Perfect on the same TV with Bravia Apps.  I have read most of the  forum threads on this and will switch  off Dolby etc 

I Have  Sony BRAVIA KD55AG9 No extra sound equipment, and Fiber Broadband  Maximum amount  The House  is  all wired and Sky's router the only  weak point only use wifi  for phones and tablets   hopefully a fix available  soon

This message was authored by Si99 This message was authored by: Si99

Hi

i I have a Sony of similar age the kd49 xg9005 

make sure you have ultra high speed cables and have turned on HDMI in the tv setting to "enhanced" 

I managed to get rid of lip sync issue by using pass through on puck.

I'll be honest.  I hope Apple or Amazon buy premier lge football rights otherwise I'll have to go back to virgin after my contract ends 

This message was authored by Mander1 This message was authored by: Mander1

Watching the battle for number ten on catch-up and it's out.

Anything I watch on catch-up is out.

The apps are fine, like Netflix and prime 

I pay over £100 for this and it's rubbish compared to sky Q.

What going on?

Catch-up on sky sports is also out.

This message was authored by MrsRooney This message was authored by: MrsRooney

As I have posted before elsewhere on this forum, I have a Samsung S95D with a Samsung Q930c soundbar. Sky Stream puck is connected to HDMI1 on the tv, and the tv is connected to the soundbar via HDMI3 (eARC). Both HDMI cables are certified 2.1 ultra high speed.

I too was experiencing significant voice sync problems affecting everything via the Sky puck. Changing the original Sky hdmi cable to the new certified 2.1 helped a little, and I have further reduced the sync issue by setting the tv and the puck to pass through and applying 20ms delay on the puck. It's not perfect, but it is a lot better.

What is still a significant problem is audio cut out. Watching a film on Sky Cinema last night, audio was cutting out for up to 2 seconds every 20 minutes or so. Very annoying! And it seems to happen randomly on all channels and apps via the puck. But not on any of the tv apps. Which suggests this is still a puck hardware/software problem which Sky really needs to get sorted pdq.

This message was authored by Damonh72 This message was authored by: Damonh72

I am having lip sync issues on anything other than PCM Stereo. The sync can be anything up.to 30 secs out! It has gradually got worse. I am also having video streaming and freezing issues, though I do not have any issues on any other streaming platform. I have a Sky router as well!

This message was authored by MrsWarren This message was authored by: MrsWarren

Lip sync issues most of the time on all 3 pucks. On live TV eg the recent football games where they do commentary at halftime or before and after the games.

Also does on apps. Netflix and Disney+

It is not the Internet as if I use those apps on my TV and not through The Sky puck, they work fine.

Have tried the settings ro reset the sync multiple times powered on and off and nothing works.

I would like to know more about cancelling as the service provision is not adequate.

This message was authored by pauliem1 This message was authored by: pauliem1

it seems that the issue is the TV processing - essentially if you can't pass through the signal to avoid the TV processing the audio will arrive later at your soundbar. It seems to only happen on Digital Dolby surround and works ok on PCM which is fine, but annoyiong if you've sopent money on a surround sound system. My Panasonic viera TV 50CX80 is a few years old now and doesn't offer pass through, but I notice that the latest TVs do, which I guess is an asdmission that thyere was a problem. In my case I'll have to use PCM with Sky and DVDs and where possible use the Apps on the TV so that I get dobly digital 5:1

This message was authored by Sheath1 This message was authored by: Sheath1

It always appears to be out of sync, can vary how much. I have. Sky stream puck. How do i fix this?

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Sheath1  As mentioned a number of times in this thread a temporary solution is to change your Audio settings to PCM or passthrough (see which works best for you). Ther solutions are not ideal but are better than watching with lip sync.

Sky are aware and are working to find a permanent solution. Good luck 🤞

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by ken+mackenzie This message was authored by: ken+mackenzie

Re: QS025 Lip Sync Issue

SKY

THIS IS REALLY SO BAD 

FORGET THE ONGOING LYP SINC ISSUE

TONIGHT TRYING TO WATCH THE 2 EURO GAMES 

CONTINUALLY GET A FREEZE OF VIDEO AND AUDIO EVERY 10-15 secs

THIS IS SO BAD 

GIVEN YOU MONEY FOR OVER 25 years And this is the Service 💩💩💩💩💩💩

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion