Discussion topic: Plug on sky stream

This message was authored by Hollyjords This message was authored by: Hollyjords

Plug on sky stream

Hello. We've decided to put our TV on the wall and have an issue that the new style of plug doesn't fit in the socket behind the TV. The plug is too deep as the TV is mounted on the wall. Is there a different plug we can purchase as I don't want to see any wires. 

All Replies

This message was authored by Padam_Padam This message was authored by: Padam_Padam

Re: Plug on sky stream

@Hollyjords wrote:

Hello. We've decided to put our TV on the wall and have an issue that the new style of plug doesn't fit in the socket behind the TV. The plug is too deep as the TV is mounted on the wall. Is there a different plug we can purchase as I don't want to see any wires. 

There's a risk of invalidating your puck warranty if you use any other power supply as it provides specific voltage for the puck. Your best bet is to get some form of mains extension cable and relocate the puck. It's not advisable to hide the puck behind a TV anyway as it can affect WiFi reception quite badly. 

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Hollyjords 

There was a thread going back a year or two that had the spec and examples of plugs. Try a search in this or the glass forum 

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

The Stream PSU specifies 5V at 1.2A and the lead is a 3.5mm x 1.35mm Barrel Jack cable (which are available with type A or type C USB at the other end)

Note that as @Padam_Padam indicates, using anything other than a Sky-supplied PSU with a puck on loan (acquired after 23rd February 2023) is not advisable.

Also be aware that a USB port in a television set is very unlikely to supply sufficient power for a Stream puck.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by HOLDER22 This message was authored by: HOLDER22

Hi @Holly 

Did you work out a solution? We have the same issue so any advice would be much appreciated! Thanks  

This message was authored by Jon34 This message was authored by: Jon34

A solution was posted, 3.5x1.35mm dc plug. 1.2a min 

If you've got a socket behind your tv, you'll need to change it to a USB one

This message was authored by gilbo2 This message was authored by: gilbo2

If you have a larger "gap" somewhere behind the TV, I made up a short 240V mains extension lead and plugged in the pugs power supply that way.

This message was authored by Jon34 This message was authored by: Jon34

I just thought I'd post an update.    Despite matching the voltage and current when I replaced the original adapter, there were issues when the puck was updating, I suspect that there is a  high-current draw when the box is updating, so make sure you keep the original handy.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion