Discussion topic: Playlist properties

This message was authored by daddybear14 This message was authored by: daddybear14

Playlist properties

I am looking at subscribing to Sky Stream but have a couple of queries which I hope forum members may be able to help me with.

1) How long do Sky Sports programmes remain in the playlist?  specifically rugby matches on Action and Arena

2) Can such programmes be Fast Forward briefly eg. during injury breaks or player substitutions?

Would sports programmes on discovery+  behave in the same way if accessed via Sky Stream ?

I only watch in 'ordinary' HD (not UHD etc.) on a small 32" Samsung TV - boring I know, but thats how it is !!

Hope someone can help/advise.

Regards,

Daddybear

Best Answers
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood Answer

Re: Playlist properties

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@daddybear14 wrote:

1) How long do Sky Sports programmes remain in the playlist?  specifically rugby matches on Action and Arena

From memory Sky says one year, or less due to distribution rights issues (which, depending on league/country/tournament and original source can be very complicated and differ widely)

There certainly should be no expectation of long-term retention, unlike with recording from broadcast to local disk.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood Answer

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@daddybear14 wrote:

From memory Sky says one year, or less due to distribution rights issues (which, depending on league/country/tournament and original source can be very complicated and differ widely)

There certainly should be no expectation of long-term retention, unlike with recording from broadcast to local disk.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Padam_Padam This message was authored by: Padam_Padam

@daddybear14 wrote:

I am looking at subscribing to Sky Stream but have a couple of queries which I hope forum members may be able to help me with.

2) Can such programmes be Fast Forward briefly eg. during injury breaks or player substitutions?

Would sports programmes on discovery+  behave in the same way if accessed via Sky Stream ?

You can fast forward briefly but it can be somewhat erratic compared to Sky+/Sky Q because you are accessing a stream rather than a recording on a local hard drive. It's easiest to do via voice control on the remote by saying "skip one minute" or such like. On Sky Stream, using FF and RW on the controller can be much slower and glitchier than if you were using a hard drive based device. 

You also may need to subscribe to the ad-skipping pack in order to stop ads being forced on you every time you try and skip forward.  

daddybear14
Topic Author
This message was authored by daddybear14 This message was authored by: daddybear14

Hello TimmyBGood and Padam_Padam,

Thank you both for your advice - much appreciated.

Daddybear.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion