Discussion topic: Picture Intermittently Pixelating - Many Channels

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Picture Intermittently Pixelating - Many Channels

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Red+Silence wrote:

So I'm also on 350 meg Virgin Broadband and note that HDR content should be vibrant and vivid. It's not , it's grey and washed out.

Speed isn't particularly relevant to HDR: it's a relatively small additional amount of data.  Glass just isn't great at HDR because it's lacking both extensive contrast and peak brightness.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by madmitch66 This message was authored by: madmitch66

It's a forum .who are you to say people moaners.do you never moan when not happy?

It's legit complaints.

Idiot

This message was authored by MohsinMo This message was authored by: MohsinMo

@Jason+Golding @Awww 😂 ok mate 👍 that's too bad pal 👍I thought we were just getting along buddy 👍😂 

This message was authored by MohsinMo This message was authored by: MohsinMo

@KevNewMedia Hi mate , when exactly are you guys going to resolve this issue ? This is getting ridiculous now. 

This message was authored by Red+Silence This message was authored by: Red+Silence

Well the Prime video live coverage this far in the Liverpool Milan Champions league game has so far been flawless..

This is definitely something with TNT and Sky Sports UHD feed..

This message was authored by DantheSwan This message was authored by: DantheSwan

@MohsinMo  I suspect a huge stumbling block is caused by the absolute cheap rubbish puck itself, they would probably need to replace them all and that won't be cheap 

I wish they would get a move on though as my current claim can't move forward until they fix their very obvious issues 

It's not just picture quality but audio problems as well, I dont see it being fixed anytime soon, many years ago they had similar issues with Sky Q , eventually admitted defeat and refunded me my subscription costs in full which was around £600 and the ability to leave penalty free which i did 

Come back to try Sky stream and it's the same issues all these years later which by the way has absolutely NOTHING to do with my internet! 

This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi Everyone

We welcome healthy debate from all angles, along with feedback on our products and services. Can we be mindful of the Community Guidelines please, with respect to being nice to each other.

In terms of the fault, the investigations continue at the highest level, and as soon as I can update you all, I certainly will. Thank you all for your continued persistence and patience, while we get to the root of the issue.

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager
This message was authored by McLeanN This message was authored by: McLeanN

I had a sky engineer out yesterday who confirmed that the issue relates to the last software update in July which needs fixed but nothing on when that would be so I contacted sky complaints who didn't acknowledge that there was a problem so I asked her to confirm when the problem would be fixed  which she couldn't answer but would would get back to me on Sunday with update/answer.

What annoys me is that Skyare are aware of the issue but have told their customers of the issue and more importantly when it will be fixed

made a formal complaint yesterday regarding this issue but the person I spoke to was not even aware of the issue however I asked the question when 

This message was authored by DuckieBoos This message was authored by: DuckieBoos

@McLeanN I have to say that I have probably found the lack of knowledge or perhaps disinformation from Sky customer service agents more frustrating than the actual fault itself. At this stage so many months down the line Sky agents should all be aware that there is a fault and be being honest with customers about it. 

squareeyeschris
Topic Author
This message was authored by squareeyeschris This message was authored by: squareeyeschris

@McLeanN 

As far as the engineer's comment is concerned, I may be wrong, but it sounds a bit like an excuse to me. Does anyone know how a software problem could cause this pixelation? If it is a fault with the pucks, wouldn't that be more to do with the hardware?

Please let us know if they get back to you on Sunday. I think I've heard that one before.

Call me a cynic if you will but I don't think you will ever get anyone at the call centre to admit to anything.

Anyway, best of luck.

squareeyeschris
Topic Author
This message was authored by squareeyeschris This message was authored by: squareeyeschris

There's an item about the Glass problems on the BBC news website, with a link to a contact form. I've used it to point out that there is additionally a longstanding problem regarding pixelation on the streaming service. Perhaps some of you might like to give it a go as well? Might shake things up a bit.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cy0lnxgnjkno

This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

Maybe we need one for stream as well... really hoping this new update will sort out other issues... let's hope

This message was authored by DuckieBoos This message was authored by: DuckieBoos

@squareeyeschris submitted my feedback to BBC News. Hopefully with them involved the people looking for answers as to why this has happened might actually get them unlike the smoke and mirrors we have had for months from Sky. 

Can't help but wonder if the current issues, which I don't have btw, just the tearing etc don't effect everyone if Sky soft released a software update to some users but not all which has gone horribly wrong? And then I find myself wondering if it was meant to be the software update we've all been waiting for to fix the tearing/picilation ? If they are really actually working on 1 at all that is. 

squareeyeschris
Topic Author

Interesting thoughts. @DuckieBoos . I've just looked back at page 1 of this thread and noticed that the posts there have had over 3000 views. I'm thinking most of these must have had this problem, otherwise why have they arrived here?

This message was authored by Skull+Treaty This message was authored by: Skull+Treaty

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@squareeyeschris wrote:

Interesting thoughts. @DuckieBoos . I've just looked back at page 1 of this thread and noticed that the posts there have had over 3000 views. I'm thinking most of these must have had this problem, otherwise why have they arrived here?

@squareeyeschris That figure is total views rather than unique user views. So me posting will count at 1 view. @Super+Anthony posts will contribute to a few too 😉

"Sometimes, the only choices you have are bad ones, but you still have to choose"

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion