Discussion topic: Picture Intermittently Pixelating - Many Channels

This message was authored by Bazlowski This message was authored by: Bazlowski

Re: Picture Intermittently Pixelating - Many Channels

Bit worrying there's still no fix yet.

This message was authored by Skull+Treaty This message was authored by: Skull+Treaty

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@KevNewMedia 1408, Merlin, Sky Max HD. Can replicate by rewinding to show pixelation again. 

"Sometimes, the only choices you have are bad ones, but you still have to choose"
This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

It's awful again on UHD Sky sports main event 

This message was authored by Bazlowski This message was authored by: Bazlowski

Really really bad. Seems to be getting worse.

squareeyeschris
Topic Author
This message was authored by squareeyeschris This message was authored by: squareeyeschris

Sky greats hd . Gorillas in the mist. 1438 ish, 1450, 1452

This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

Just emailed again. Makes no difference whether through WiFi or Ethernet

This message was authored by jmee9 This message was authored by: jmee9

Managed to get two images of each issue today while watching F1 UHD.

First is where a frame from seconds before appears on a portion of the screen: https://i.imgur.com/bFvZUAY.jpeg

Second is where there's lots of greyish pixelation for a few seconds: https://i.imgur.com/wdGp3oP.jpeg

As I've said previously, these issues always appear on the bottom portion of the screen. And finally, I think the previous frame issue categorically rules out local environment issues, as no amount of WiFi lag or downstream issues can make a previous frame appear...

This message was authored by madmitch66 This message was authored by: madmitch66

hi. same .sky have now sent 3rd puck and pixelation worse ,all bb checks etc ok . firestick apple devices all perfect. its defo sky puck hardware. i wont accept poor equipment any longer and need help to cancel my long left contract. am looking into ofcom

squareeyeschris
Topic Author
This message was authored by squareeyeschris This message was authored by: squareeyeschris

@madmitch66 

i don't think that definitely proves it's the pucks. Ok, all three of them might be crap. On the other hand they could all be ok. The problem may be on the other side of the router, upstream of your ISP, as others have said. (ie transmission problem.)

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@madmitch66 wrote:

need help to cancel my long left contract. am looking into ofcom

Ofcom isn't appropriate.  Your claim would be to Sky under normal consumer rights, that you believe the product isn't as described, of adequate quality and/or fit for purpose.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Jason+Golding This message was authored by: Jason+Golding

@madmitch66 You arent locked in to a long contract - you are free to leave as is everyone else. Sky will not hold you to your contract. No need to contact OFCOM. I would recommend that all the people moaning in this thread, contact sky - cancel and find an alternative provider or go back to Q. If you think your issues will be resolved anytime soon, you are going to be very dissapointed. 

Sky Stream x 2
LG C2 OLED 55inch
Sonos Playbar
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin Stream Box
Xbox X
Apple TV 4K
Amazon 4K Firestick
This message was authored by Neil+Essex This message was authored by: Neil+Essex

Been back with Sky Q for over a week now . And not had 1 issue regarding pixelated pictures. So it was obviously a platform issue. 
I do hope they fix it soon though as it's annoying as hell 

Sky Q 2TB HDR Box & 1 Mini Box
Sky Signature with Netflix
Sky Sports Complete Pack
TNT Sports
Sky Cinema
MUTV
Sky Multiscreen
HD & UHD Pack

Virgin Media Gig 1 Broadband
This message was authored by MohsinMo This message was authored by: MohsinMo

@Jason+Golding  You are super helpful mate . I didn't know that 😂🤷🙏 forever greatful 

This message was authored by Jason+Golding This message was authored by: Jason+Golding

@MohsinMo We aren't mates mate. ok. 

Sky Stream x 2
LG C2 OLED 55inch
Sonos Playbar
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin Stream Box
Xbox X
Apple TV 4K
Amazon 4K Firestick
This message was authored by Red+Silence This message was authored by: Red+Silence

Incidentally on my Sky Glass I also have a Virgin stream box and when I watch TNT Sports Ultimate on that the sound is out of sync, the ads between go back to normal..

So I'm also on 350 meg Virgin Broadband and note that HDR content should be vibrant and vivid. It's not , it's grey and washed out.

As for sound quality there's no LFE channel for the bass or subwoofer (if there is one) the whole thing has been convenient and about needs a new incarnation of the Glass TV because the concept is brilliant.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion