Discussion topic: Picture Intermittently Pixelating - Many Channels

This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia

Re: Picture Intermittently Pixelating - Many Channels

Posted by a Sky employee

@squareeyeschris wrote:

@KevNewMedia 

Don't start this all over again. Suffice to say that as of yesterday I still had what you refer to as "the original problem" You have been asked when this is supposed to have been fixed. I think we should be told.

The original problem was resolved when I posted the answer on the 28th @squareeyeschris, and it covered all the entertainment and documentary channels that I mentioned 👍

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager
This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia

Posted by a Sky employee

@Super+Anthony wrote:

Thank you @KevNewMedia Out of interest, is there a reason for that? It would be valuable to know what was fixed as the problem is still occurring.

It's not related to this fault in particular; Sky as a business don't give this information out @Super+Anthony 

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager
This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

So are you saying though @KevNewMedia that the sky sports channels are still not fixed?

squareeyeschris
Topic Author
This message was authored by squareeyeschris This message was authored by: squareeyeschris

@KevNewMedia 

I've just started watching Voyager on Sky sci-fi. I had selected "watch from start" and experienced pixelation in the pre-title sequence.

This message was authored by DantheSwan This message was authored by: DantheSwan

@KevNewMedia Fixed and confirmed by who? 

I'm getting the issues across the entire platform. It certainly isn't confined to the UHD and HD sports channels

Whose decided this was fixed and based on what? 

Saying something doesn't make it so 

squareeyeschris
Topic Author
This message was authored by squareeyeschris This message was authored by: squareeyeschris

@KevNewMedia . Your "answer" did not say the problem was resolved. On the contrary, you acknowledge that people are still experiencing the fault. (Your recent post is the first time I have seen an admission of its being a fault)

Edit: Beg your pardon @KevNewMedia, you said it may have been fixed then that people were still experiencing the problem and it had been fixed. Can't be both.

squareeyeschris
Topic Author

@KevNewMedia 

Sky sci-fi

Enterprise

4.01pm

This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

Quite clearly, still not been fixed. Happened again 17.29 on Sky Sports Main Event UHD @KevNewMedia 

Again 20.58 during the cricket same channel and again 21.15

This message was authored by Ant181 This message was authored by: Ant181

How hard can this actually be to get fixed.

Have they got a dodgy dish out of line that's feeding the whole pucking network ?

It's just surely a simple acknowledgment from Sky to say that the puck is not working correctly and needs updating and then also avoiding and putting the blame onto other ISP's and saying our WiFi is not working correctly 

I am sure eventually Sky will admit to it being fixed and then we will all be happy. Still amused why we as customers can't be told once it's fixed what the problem was and how it was sorted. Very odd really. Normally when you have something fixed and you pick it up, the shop will say to you what was done to get something working again, and then to help you if it happens again

Posted by a Sky employee

Morning All

Firstly, allow me to apologise for the confusion and explain what's been going on.

We had a broadcast problem causing pixelation on many Sky channels that could be replicated at this end and this was fixed. I posted to ask people if that was the case for them, as our support teams had advised they could no longer replicate the issue. Apart from the intermittent screen tear on Sky Sports, there are no further broadcasting problems.

As some of you have advised that you continue to see problems across other channels, we've engaged our support teams to investigate further.

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager

Thank you @KevNewMedia. Apologies for my lack of understanding partly down to my ADHD, but are you saying the sports channels are still not fixed?

Posted by a Sky employee

@Super+Anthony wrote:

Thank you @KevNewMedia. Apologies for my lack of understanding partly down to my ADHD, but are you saying the sports channels are still not fixed?

That's correct @Super+Anthony 

I'll update everyone when I know more.

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion