Discussion topic: Options when Removing whole home

This message was authored by schteve This message was authored by: schteve

Options when Removing whole home

I currently have sky glass and two SKY stream pucks. I wish to remove whole home subscription, can I nominate on which of my devices I continue to watch television or does it have to be sky Glass?

Best Answers
This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1 Answer

Re: Options when Removing whole home

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@schteve  Generally the default primary device will be your Glass TV as mentioned in this link

At the beginning of the year I decided to sell my Glass TV and just use the Stream puck.  I called Sky and although it had to be done by a backroom team I was able to cancel my whole home subscription and make the puck my primary (and only) device.  I was then able to sell my Glass TV.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@schteve  If you have glass and pucks on the account the primary device is locked to the glass tv and this cannot be changed 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1 Answer

@schteve  Generally the default primary device will be your Glass TV as mentioned in this link

At the beginning of the year I decided to sell my Glass TV and just use the Stream puck.  I called Sky and although it had to be done by a backroom team I was able to cancel my whole home subscription and make the puck my primary (and only) device.  I was then able to sell my Glass TV.

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

Can't you just tell Sky you want de-register the Sky Glass TV from the account.... because it is going to sold or given  to another member of the family?

Exiled in HH
This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@Exiled-in-HH wrote:

Can't you just tell Sky you want de-register the Sky Glass TV from the account.... because it is going to sold or given  to another member of the family?

@Exiled-in-HH Yes you can, exactly as I described in the post above.  Customer Services were not able to do it and it was referred to one of the backroom teams.  They then called me back saying it had been done 😁

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion