Discussion topic: No recording on stream- E4 catch up?

This message was authored by KHC1 This message was authored by: KHC1

No recording on stream- E4 catch up?

When I get sky stream, if I can't record my series on E4- is there some kind of catch up I can watch it on? Thanks 

Best Answers
This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice Answer

Re: No recording on stream- E4 catch up?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@KHC1 wrote:

Thanks for your response. So it's E4 I am referring to- will I be able to have stream installed and then watch previous episodes of an E4 series? Thanks 

Sorry I have edited my post.
Read 5 and not 4, oops.
Plays out the same though.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

If you playlist anything on any of the multiple 4 and 5 channels, it will play out after the live broadcast has finsished in the MY5 or C4 apps on Sky Stream.
I playlist loads of films across the multiple itv, 4 and 5 channels, plus many of the more classic tv series like Columbo and TV doc type show like Gadget show and their historical type series.
Do tend to watch most ITV live or using Watch from Start (so delayed a little), but have played out some recent films that way. 
I do not watch much on C4 channels, but it works same way. 
They all play out well that way, launching the ITVx, C4 or My 5 app straight to the programme and then exiting straight back to Sky Stream menu.
Plus they add nicely to the continue watching rail.
All is pretty seemless when clicking on your playlist set programme, like this.
Plus, they also take advantage as an app of the Sky Stream ad skipping addon. 

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
This message was authored by Mister_Dalek This message was authored by: Mister_Dalek

@lettice 

E4 shows should play back from the Channel 4 app not the My5 app. 

KHC1
Topic Author

Thanks for your response. So it's E4 I am referring to- will I be able to have stream installed and then watch previous episodes of an E4 series? Thanks 

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice Answer

@KHC1 wrote:

Sorry I have edited my post.
Read 5 and not 4, oops.
Plays out the same though.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
KHC1
Topic Author

Thank you

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@KHC1 wrote:

It depends on the show.

Channel 4 won't necessarily have the on-demand rights for all the shows they broadcast on E4. In fact its usual for the US shows they broadcast to only be available for a limited time ( if at all) on the C4 app, so for some shows you may be directed to another on-demand app depending who has the rights ( e.g Disney +, Amazon Prime Video, Netflix etc).

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

@KHC1 wrote:

No ... Sky Pucks are self install😉

Any E4 programme that is available via the Channel 4 app ... YES🙂

You can check what's available using the Channel 4 app on most mobile devices or streaming devices😊

Exiled in HH

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion