Discussion topic: Moving forward tv shows under the banner

This message was authored by Jonathanphillip This message was authored by: Jonathanphillip

Moving forward tv shows under the banner

when I go to watch TV shows the banner underneath seems to move and the cursor is moving along the line and pic is moving its unstoppable couldn't seem to stop it just started the banner below is just unstoppable whilst cursor is moving along why is this 

Best Answers
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1 Answer

Re: Netflix speed results

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Jonathanphillip  Those speeds are borderline for UHD and you need at least 25mbps for HD 

Minimum recommended broadband speeds apply and might change depending on your package. We’ll recommend these before you place your order.

You may need faster speeds to get the best experience. Especially when watching in UHD or streaming on more devices at the same time with the Whole Home pack. For more info, see Broadband speeds explained. We also recommend a fibre broadband connection.

If you’re with another provider, you'll need to check your broadband speeds with them.

Recommended minimum broadband speed of 25Mbps. Or 30Mbps if you add an extra Sky Stream puck or to watch in UHD.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

Jonathanphillip
Topic Author
This message was authored by Jonathanphillip This message was authored by: Jonathanphillip

Sky stream tv shows going crazy

Just wanted to rewatch the recent bill episode and for unknown reason this happened couldn't stop it why is this 

Jonathanphillip
Topic Author

Re: Moving forward tv shows under the banner

I posted a video of what is happening to understand what's going on in my other feed earlier related to this issue 

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@Jonathanphillip I have seen your post with the video but until the video is approved by a forum moderator I can't see what is happening.

In the interim have you tried a reboot of your puck.  It sound from your description above as though it could just be a software glitch which are often resolved by a reboot.  If you haven't tried this yet simply

switch off your puck at the plug socket and wait for a minute before switching it on again.  It will take about a minute to reboot.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
Jonathanphillip
Topic Author

Maybe mark goldsmith might have the answer im waiting on sky help team to get back its when I go to tv shows and click on the on it the banner underneath starts moving along with the cursor moving along with picture of the episode 

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@Jonathanphillip. Unfortunately your video has still not been approved.  You will see the video but not anyone else until it is approved.

Did a reboot help at all?

Jonathanphillip
Topic Author

I'm at work so I can't do that no I can't access the video either 

Jonathanphillip
Topic Author

Fothergill you can view my video from yesterday many thanks 

Hi @Jonathanphillip .  Yes, I was able to view it last night.  It looked like the sort of thing a reboot would resolve.

I periodically have a similar issue with the Ch4 app.  Sometimes when I try to FF or RW it start but then won't stop.  The best solution I have found for this is to hit the home button and then select any live programme and play it for a couple of seconds.  When I return to Ch4 it then seems to work OK.

A reboot will also sort the problem but just selecting something else for a few seconds is the quicker option for me.

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

@Jonathanphillip 

Watched your video, if it's the right one below in another thread you created.

That is doing a x30 fast forward throughout.

Odd it's got stuck on like that.

Would suggest you do a reboot of your puck as mentioned above in post 3.

@Jonathanphillip wrote:

Just wanted to rewatch the recent bill episode and for unknown reason this happened couldn't stop it why is this 

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser. What is a Superuser? Click here to find out
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
Jonathanphillip
Topic Author

I rather not Try a reboot as did that last time it went back to link up your sky I'd account I rather not go that way 

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

@Jonathanphillip wrote:

I rather not Try a reboot as did that last time it went back to link up your sky I'd account I rather not go that way 

A reboot of the puck, as detailed above, should not cause any account problems.

If that happems, you should call Sky to look further into other problems.

For any modern device (like Sky Q box, Roku, Chomecast, Smart Tv, fire stick, smartphone, tablet, PC and Sky Glass/Stream pucks), they are designed to take such reboots.  A reboot will help to refresh their software 'cache' amongst other things, which is the reason they can get stuck or have minor glitches at times.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser. What is a Superuser? Click here to find out
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.

@Jonathanphillip  I think you are confusing a reboot with a factory reset.  A reboot will not cause any issues at all but it tends to clear software glitches.  It's exactly the same as powering down your mobile and then turning it back on again when it starts to have issues.

This message was authored by Nigelb1972 This message was authored by: Nigelb1972

Re: Sky stream tv shows going crazy

It looks like it's stuck on Fast Forward. If the episode was being watched via ITVX, it could be an issue with the source file at their end. 

I'd suggest rebooting the Puck by unplugging the power cable for 30 seconds and then restart the episode 

Jonathanphillip
Topic Author

Re: Sky stream tv shows going crazy

It's on drama many thanks 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion