Discussion topic: Misinformed about Netflix

This message was authored by Murphy616 This message was authored by: Murphy616

Misinformed about Netflix

We've just signed up with Sky and I was advised the Netflix account I already have, Sky would take over the billing. I explicitly told the agent on the phone we had the 10.99 version with no ads. He said Sky would takeover the billing once we log in on the streaming box.

Come to today and we have either the option to go down to the £6 version with adverts which sky will take care of, or ignore and continue paying what we already pay through Netflix.

Not impressed. Can anyone advise on how to proceed?

Best Answers
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee Answer

Re: Misinformed about Netflix

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Murphy616 there is an option to upgrsde the included standard Netflix with ads to Netflix Standard by paying Sky an additional £6 per month which removes the ads or paying £11 a month for the Premium Tier with UHD and 4 screens. You should find the options in the My Sky app

It is important to follow the instructions here to link your old Netflix account to Sky to stop them billing you  https://www.sky.com/help/articles/apps-on-sky-q-and-glass-using-netflix

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee Answer

@Murphy616 there is an option to upgrsde the included standard Netflix with ads to Netflix Standard by paying Sky an additional £6 per month which removes the ads or paying £11 a month for the Premium Tier with UHD and 4 screens. You should find the options in the My Sky app

It is important to follow the instructions here to link your old Netflix account to Sky to stop them billing you  https://www.sky.com/help/articles/apps-on-sky-q-and-glass-using-netflix

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
Murphy616
Topic Author
This message was authored by Murphy616 This message was authored by: Murphy616

Ah thank you very much. Still works out cheaper than what we were paying so that's better. Cheers 

This message was authored by Bluesb1970 This message was authored by: Bluesb1970

I was also misinformed, even missold, about other households being able to keep watching my Netflix account. I currently pay for 2 extra household slots with Netflix. The advisor said that Netflix can't tell if another household is watching through Sky. I've had Stream for 5 minutes and it's going back. Disgusting to missell and cause issues for customers.

This message was authored by Bluesb1970 This message was authored by: Bluesb1970

To add to the annoyance and mistrust of sky, my complaint was closed as soon as I put the phone down. Really poor customer service

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@Bluesb1970 wrote:

I was also misinformed, even missold, about other households being able to keep watching my Netflix account. I currently pay for 2 extra household slots with Netflix. The advisor said that Netflix can't tell if another household is watching through Sky. I've had Stream for 5 minutes and it's going back. Disgusting to missell and cause issues for customers.

Sky have how Netflix works covered in detail on their website: https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sharing-your-netflix-account

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

That's all very well understood, and why I paid for 2 extra slots on my own Netflix account. The problem is that the sky employee insisted that I can share Netflix through Sky as Netflix can't see into the sky system. Misinformation given to stop me cancelling my order.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion