Discussion topic: Lip Sync issues - Sky Stream

This message was authored by Paul+Dray This message was authored by: Paul+Dray

Re: Sky puck lip sync issue

@CPoin wrote:

Unfortunately many soundbars will only have the one hdmi port, so putting it between the puck and TV isn't an option in such cases. 

They should have at least one hdmi input and one out to tv hdmi port. Admitted not much. My fathers soundbar is like this so I've added an hdmi switch into the loop with that connected to the one single hdmi in. The other thing that can work with lip sync issues is to feed the audio from the tv digital out to digital in on the soundbar. 

————————
Pioneer Kuro PDP-LX5090 50in Plasma TV | Yamaha DSP-AX863 SE AV Amp
Sky Stream Puck; Build: QS030.528.00P | Sky Broadband Ultrafast
————————

Re: QS025 Lip Sync Issues

@MarkGoldsmith wrote:

@Paul+Dray wrote:

BTW my pucks updated today from QS027.508.00P to QS028.516.00P

Yup, the rollout has indeed started, will likley take a few weeks before all customers are on it.

For those customers who had the lip sync issues, when you are upgraded its worth testing to see if the issue has been solved in the new update.

Er..yep I'm pretty sure that's the first thing those having issues will be doing. 😉

————————
————————

@Super+Anthony wrote:

Mine hasn't as yet.

Much different? @Paul+Dray 

I've not really checked the various sound modes as I'm always on pass thru to my AV receiver anyway so I haven't been affected by the issues. Really need someone who has to then report back when upgraded.

————————
————————
This message was authored by CPoin This message was authored by: CPoin

Using a Sonos Beam that has only one HDMI. Have had to use optical connection instead which still uses the single port. No way to send a signal in and out again. Means no Atmos but solved the lip sync issue for now, and Atmos on the Beam is totally unnoticeable anyway. 

@CPoin wrote:

Using a Sonos Beam that has only one HDMI. Have had to use optical connection instead which still uses the single port. No way to send a signal in and out again. Means no Atmos but solved the lip sync issue for now, and Atmos on the Beam is totally unnoticeable anyway. 

I'm not really familiar with the sonos soundbars. Seems crazy to only have the tv hdmi port with audio return 😕

————————
————————
This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

Is it worth in doing taking out the plug and doing the restart or just be patient

@Super+Anthony wrote:

Is it worth in doing taking out the plug and doing the restart or just be patient

Cant hurt. Though I did this yesterday and no change, but for it to then just update over night on its own. I always check the version in settings every time I use the puck. When I see it's had an update I then immediately turn off and unplug for 30s then back on just out of habit.

————————
————————
This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

Thanks @Paul+Dray 

When you put the plug back in, I notice that the Sky logo comes on. Once it has done this nothing happens, so I press the Home Screen on. It then does the normal please wait

Is this correct? Or do I not press the Home Screen

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Super+Anthony wrote:

You cannot force an update.

As mentioned above, early morning the following started rolling out to Sky Stream and Glass customers.

It will be rolled out slowly as usual to customers and will take a few weeks to reach all customers;

QS028.516.00P

Not aware if the lip sync issue fix was part of this release.

Will ask in our Superusers  closed forum area.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser. What is a Superuser? Click here to find out
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.

Thank you @lettice 

It does though on the Sky site say you can, so this is slightly confusing, particularly if one is neurodivergent, but thank you as always 

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

@Super+Anthony wrote:

Thank you @lettice 

It does though on the Sky site say you can, so this is slightly confusing, particularly if one is neurodivergent, but thank you as always 

That will be allowing you to do an update of the firmware, if your current software is stuck ( sometimes happens on initial setup) or you have for some reason not updated correctly.

Until your pucks have been sent over an outgoing rolling release (like we have with QS28 and 1.3) you will not be able to force that one.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser. What is a Superuser? Click here to find out
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Well i've just switched my sound setting back to Auto so if its still a problem i'm guessing it won't take me long to notice 😀

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@MarkGoldsmith  I'm back on Auto and so far there is no evidence of lip sync so hopefully it is resolved 🤞

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"

@lettice get you. So you basically can't force the OS updates, but you can with the firmware. Thank you for explaining to someone like me who needs a bit more help, so thank you so much

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion