Discussion topic: Lip Sync issues - Sky Stream

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Re: Sky stream speech out of sync

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@DavidRos Welcome to the forum. Have you tried changing your audio settings to PCM  or  Passtghrough as suggested in this thread.  Sky are aware of the issue and have suggested changing the audio setting as a temporary measure whilst the find a permanent fix (which is unfortunately taking a while).

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by VLB80 This message was authored by: VLB80

Problem with sky tv

For the last 2-3 weeks my sky TV has not worked. The sound isn't working in time with the picture- there's a big delay and it's got worse. We only had it installed in February so very disappointed it isn't working as we switched from a provider I'd been with for a decade and not had any issues but sky had a great deal so signed up. So would really appreciate some help as we can't use it at the moment 

Thanks

This message was authored by sammyh98 This message was authored by: sammyh98

Re: Problem with sky tv

@VLB80 wrote:

For the last 2-3 weeks my sky TV has not worked. The sound isn't working in time with the picture- there's a big delay and it's got worse. We only had it installed in February so very disappointed it isn't working as we switched from a provider I'd been with for a decade and not had any issues but sky had a great deal so signed up. So would really appreciate some help as we can't use it at the moment 

Thanks

This has been an ongoing issue for months and has never been fully solved.  Changing your audio settings on your Stream box(s) to PCM will kill any surround sound but should hopefully allow you to watch in sync.

This message was authored by CPoin This message was authored by: CPoin

Re: QS025 Lip Sync Issues

Had Sky Stream for a few days now. Lip sync was immediately a significant issue. Tried changing every possible setting, with no effect, even outputting only PCM. This is using a Philips Ambilight TV and Sonos Beam soundbar over ARC. I've had issues with an Amazon Fire Stick previously but nowhere near as bad as with the Stream. However, I don't know if I can hold Sky responsible. Connecting the Sonos Beam to the TV optical out has resolved the issue completely. Seems more like an ARC issue between Philips and Sonos hardware. 

This message was authored by Dom35 This message was authored by: Dom35

Sound out of synch with sky puck

I was told by sky that a software update should solve this about a month ago -

unless sound settings on pcm stereo lip synch is out - so surround sound system etc cant be used to full effect because of this software issue . Is Sky going to rectify this soon ? 

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Re: Sound out of synch with sky puck

@Dom35 wrote:

I was told by sky that a software update should solve this about a month ago -

unless sound settings on pcm stereo lip synch is out - so surround sound system etc cant be used to full effect because of this software issue . Is Sky going to rectify this soon ? 

Sky did test a fix several weeks ago but users on this forum still reported having the issue.

Sky don't tend to publically announce what is included in each software update or when the roll out will begin. Software rollouts generally take several weeks as they are done in batches.

Clearly Sky are aware of the lip sync issue so all you can do is perhaps check on a semi regular basis to see if a new software update has been rolled out to your devices and then test to see if the lip sync issue is fixed.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Dom35 This message was authored by: Dom35

Thanks Mark 

patience required ! 

This message was authored by Matt+Nunns This message was authored by: Matt+Nunns

It takes the mickey when they're charging £6 a month for "UHD and Atmos" when the device can't actually output Atmos. I'm sure they'll be automatically refunding everyone. Oh. No. They won't, will they. Terrible service and pretty awful product

This message was authored by Eralc This message was authored by: Eralc

Re: Sky pick stream audio being delayed

We have the same issue.  All starts out fine then after a while a few words are repeated then we are off time.  Its very frustrating.

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Re: Sky pick stream audio being delayed

@Eralc There is currently a known issue with the lip sync which Sky are trying to resolve.  As a temporary workaround they are suggesting you change your audio settings to PCM or passthrough.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by Simon843 This message was authored by: Simon843

When I'm watching tv channels and movies the audio isn't matching up with the actors/actresses mouth movements,

I have tried turning my puck off and on also tried factory resetting it but still running into the same problem!.

its now doing it to nearly all the channels but nothing wrong with the sky glass tv in the front room and nothing wrong with the up stair sky?? We have reset the sky and sky internet and still nothing bit the same issues, lips and echo sound 

This message was authored by Padam_Padam This message was authored by: Padam_Padam

@Simon843 wrote:

When I'm watching tv channels and movies the audio isn't matching up with the actors/actresses mouth movements,

I have tried turning my puck off and on also tried factory resetting it but still running into the same problem!.

its now doing it to nearly all the channels but nothing wrong with the sky glass tv in the front room and nothing wrong with the up stair sky?? We have reset the sky and sky internet and still nothing bit the same issues, lips and echo sound 

Have you tried what is suggested in the post immediately prior to yours?

Change the audio output setting to PCM or passthrough and see if that helps. If it doesn't then unfortunately you'll have to wait for Sky to fix it. It's been several weeks already since it was reported and no timescale has been given for a solution so you may be waiting some time. 

To give you some idea of how long these things can take - there was an issue with random audio drop-outs on certain Sky Q boxes several years ago. A thread on the Sky Q forum reached well over 100 pages long with customers complaining about it. It took Sky over a year to discover that it was an audio driver issue and a firmware update was eventually pushed out to fix it.  

This message was authored by Si99 This message was authored by: Si99

I hope to cancel my sky stream and will never come back to sky - I solved the lip sync by connecting puck soundbar tv, hdmi cable is ugreens latest, today trying to watch Eurosport's UHD coverage of French open and it's horrendous - the sound of ball hitting racquet is completely out of sync. I have tried pass through which previously was okay pcm Dolby etc but it's all out of sync - normal hd is okay.  If they won't let me. Cancel during contract I'll see what consumer rights I have as not getting advertised uhd product and will not come back to sky. 

This message was authored by Simon843 This message was authored by: Simon843

Hi mate.

thank you for your reply and the infomation regarding my issue. Ive now changed tp PCM on the setting amd is now working fine.

thank you 

This message was authored by Si99 This message was authored by: Si99

Re: Sky puck lip sync issue

I now hope to cancel my sky stream and will never come back to sky - I solved the lip sync by connecting puck to soundbar hdmi earc in then earc out to  tv hdmi , hdmi cable is ugreens latest 48gbps, today trying to watch Eurosport's UHD coverage of French open and it's horrendous - the sound of ball hitting racquet is completely out of sync. I have tried pass through which previously was okay but also pcm ,Dolby etc but it's all out of sync - normal hd is okay and no delay.  If they won't let me Cancel as still during contract I'll see what consumer rights I have as not getting advertised uhd product and will not come back to sky. After all paying extra for uhd Dolby atmos pack. This issue is all over the thread and has been for months.....skys usp was uhd sport given tnt has so little but if the puck is under powered its just a waste of money each month. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion