Discussion topic: Is there anywhere to feedback on Sky stream?

This message was authored by bydandie This message was authored by: bydandie

Is there anywhere to feedback on Sky stream?

As above, is there a formal place to feedback on bugs/features requests for Sky Stream?

For me, I would like to make a feature request of allowing a default video output (i.e. 1080i) and then the option to change the output if I selected UHD/HDR content.  v360 does frame rate matching so it can't be hard to allow this.

Sky Stream
LG 55" G2 OLED
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin v360

Best Answers
bydandie
Topic Author
This message was authored by bydandie This message was authored by: bydandie Answer

Re: Is there anywhere to feedback on Sky stream?

Just to update this and reiterate my recent experience. If you have an issue that is significant enough, raise a complaint and you will get a member from the escalations team who can usually log into the puck and check for error messages. They can then raise a ticket. 

It's the only consistent way to log bugs and it also ensure that someone somewhere will get complaints in the Stream platform on their KPIs. 

Sky Stream
LG 55" G2 OLED
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin v360

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@bydandie  Other than posting within the forum there is no specific place to request these.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

bydandie
Topic Author
This message was authored by bydandie This message was authored by: bydandie

It is a bit bonkers that there is no consolidated place to log bugs and feature requests 😞

Sky Stream
LG 55" G2 OLED
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin v360
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@bydandie 

This forum is it.

There used to be a 'Suggestions' forum but so few ideas were actioned that it was embarrassing.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by UnrealityTV This message was authored by: UnrealityTV

@TimmyBGood wrote:

@bydandie 

This forum is it.

There used to be a 'Suggestions' forum but so few ideas were actioned that it was embarrassing.

If this forum is it then that seems incredibly shambolic. There seems to be nothing but complaints about things not working rather than a structured bug fix area.

It's a real shame. I've tended to try to speak to people at Sky over my past year of having Stream rather than commenting on here, though I did have a rant the other day on a different thread. 

It does still seem that Sky's customer service staff are somewhat struggling to keep the ship afloat. Knowledge seems to vary tremendously between advisors, but I have had some good advice on occasion. It seems that too many of them are just running through a check list on a screen in front of them without any actual knowledge of how the product works which is a shame. 

Any suggestions you make to them are usually met with a bored silence. Do they type them into a centralised suggestions system? Who knows?

Sky should perhaps start listening to their customers rather than doing what Comcast tell them to do all the time, otherwise they'll start losing more and more of them.

I for one am fed up of it all and am leaving Sky after nearly 20 years. 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@UnrealityTV wrote:

Knowledge seems to vary tremendously between advisors, but I have had some good advice on occasion. It seems that too many of them are just running through a check list on a screen in front of them without any actual knowledge of how the product works which is a shame. 

I'd suggest that's pretty much inevitable for frontline support to a huge customer base (c11 million television & 6 million broadband households) which is using multiple current and legacy platforms*.

I'd also add (from personal experience) that providing such support has both poor pay and high stress with a consequent significant staff churn, but spending any time away from phones on training tends to be met with protests in the forums...

*Sky+ / Sky+ HD / Sky Q / Sky Glass / Sky Stream / Sky Live / Sky Hub / Sky Q Hub / Sky Broadband Hub / Sky Max Hub / Sky Broadband / Sky Talk / Sky Mobile / Sky Entertainment / Sky Signature / Sky Ultimate TV etc.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by tweetSP0RT This message was authored by: tweetSP0RT

I got sent a survey via email about Sky Stream approx. 3 weeks ago but I'm not holding my breath for any action as a reusult. I mentioned this issue that's been going on for months and I've given up hoping for any acknowledgement from Sky despite having reported it formally over the phone as well as on here.

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Glass-Stream-Live/Sky-Sports-UHD-freezing-either-side-of-ad-breaks/td-p...

bydandie
Topic Author
This message was authored by bydandie This message was authored by: bydandie Answer

Just to update this and reiterate my recent experience. If you have an issue that is significant enough, raise a complaint and you will get a member from the escalations team who can usually log into the puck and check for error messages. They can then raise a ticket. 

It's the only consistent way to log bugs and it also ensure that someone somewhere will get complaints in the Stream platform on their KPIs. 

Sky Stream
LG 55" G2 OLED
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin v360

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion