Discussion topic: Sky Sports UHD freezing either side of ad breaks.

This message was authored by tweetSP0RT This message was authored by: tweetSP0RT

Sky Sports UHD freezing either side of ad breaks.

During the men's Ashes I noticed that at the start of every ad break the picture on Sky Sports UHD would freeze briefly and then would freeze again once it returned to the cricket, in between the picture would be rock solid.

It's also doing it during the women's match and is getting really irritating, is anyone else having this issue?

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Sky Sports UHD freezing either side of ad breaks.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@tweetSP0RT  A power reboot would normally fix the issue.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

tweetSP0RT
Topic Author
This message was authored by tweetSP0RT This message was authored by: tweetSP0RT

Yeah I thought about that and tried a power full reboot during the men's match it didn't help and just gave it another go still no luck.  I'll try one of my other pucks at some point and see if that is suffering the same issue.

This message was authored by A+JW This message was authored by: A+JW

Yeah this has been happening for me too on multiple pucks after restarts. I've not noticed it on other channels yet, just Sky Sports Cricket UHD.

A Sky Stream customer.
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@tweetSP0RT & @A+JW by default Sky insert smart ads linked to your profile which do occasionally glitch a bit. You can opt out of the service and get the normal ads which haven't glitched on my set. The option is here https://www.sky.com/mydetails/data-and-personalisation

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by gszab1 This message was authored by: gszab1

This happens on my puck too. I think the culprit is the DD-Dolby Atmos sound switch. it's present on my puck since QS17 and unfortunately it's still not fixed in QS18. Really hope it'll be fixed very soon.

I correct myself: I just turned off Dolby Atmos on the puck and the problem still persists. I also turned off the ad personalization setting, no luck.

This message was authored by billyb.b This message was authored by: billyb.b

i have noticed this as well since the Q18 update. Just hoping they dont roll back to Q17 as the latest update has solved so many of my previous problems especially the constant freezing and the waiting for programme to load. 

This message was authored by Reas11 This message was authored by: Reas11

I have the same and believe it's the sound feed switching from the Dolby Atmos to pcm for the adverts

This message was authored by A+JW This message was authored by: A+JW

It was happening on 17 for me too. 

A Sky Stream customer.

@Reas11 

I tried to force PCM in the puck settings, and this does not solve the problem either.

tweetSP0RT
Topic Author

I like others have tried all of the above with no luck.

This message was authored by SKYLJM This message was authored by: SKYLJM

I have the same issue- it basically just pauses for about 1 second and then back to normal - very odd. 

Minor issue but frustrating for the price.

tweetSP0RT
Topic Author

This is still happening to me for the cricket and now the F1  so I assume there's no fix yet.  There's no point Sky trumpeting Entertainment OS 1.2 in emails etc. if they can't get the basics right.

This message was authored by Twentynine12 This message was authored by: Twentynine12

+1 for this issue, hadn't seen this thread when I created mine. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion