Discussion topic: How does sky stream link with Netflix account

This message was authored by Nativebon This message was authored by: Nativebon

How does sky stream link with Netflix account

Hello all,

Just got Sky puck stream which I'm loving so far. My question is how does my existing Netflix account merge with skystream app. I've got two add on accounts which make 3 in total. 

If I sign in with the Netflix app within skystream do I get charged extra. 

Thanks 

All Replies

This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr

Re: How does sky stream link with Netflix account

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @Nativebon 

When you sign in to the netflix app on stream this tells netflix to stop billing you. If you log on to your netflix account you will see "billed via Sky" as the payment method.

See: https://www.sky.com/help/articles/apps-on-sky-q-and-glass-using-netflix

MikeAlanR

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.
Nativebon
Topic Author

Ok I got the bit about Netflix stop billing. So does Sky make bills for initial account and add on accounts.

Thanks 

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

If you mean you use the Netflix household feature to share the account between households - you can't do this using the Netflix account linked to a Sky account.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sharing-your-netflix-account

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

@Nativebon wrote:

Hello all,

Just got Sky puck stream which I'm loving so far. My question is how does my existing Netflix account merge with skystream app. I've got two add on accounts which make 3 in total. 

If I sign in with the Netflix app within skystream do I get charged extra. 

Thanks 

If you login on the Puck with your main account a extra household accounts will get cancelled😟

Exiled in HH
Nativebon
Topic Author

Just spoke to customer service over the phone about sky linked to a Netflix account. To my surprise if you got a premium Netflix account shared with two others , you loose out the other two accounts. 

What I don't understand is why does sky not have an option of using Netflix app without linking with Sky.?. There is You tube Disney and prime which of course you can use without linking. 

Option one which is  linking your account from Netflix if you have just the one account.

Option two should be to allow Extended Netflix accounts been paid for, to be watched just with the Netflix app within sky stream without linking it to sky. 

Don't think sky thought this one through.

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Nativebon when Sky and Netflix set up the way account billing worked shared accounts did not exist so the requirement was not included in the solution. If it becomes a significant issue Sky might revisit the issue. However as your Sky sub includes the payment for Netflix's ad supported tier you are paying twice. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
Nativebon
Topic Author

It's quite some time now since Netflix introduced multiple accounts. Sky should have made adjustments for that by now. I have not linked my Netflix account to sky, so not paying extra. I'll leave as it is and play netflix from other devices.

It would have been convenient to have all platforms on one device. 

I

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Nativebon wrote:

Don't think sky thought this one through.

The Netflix - Sky partnership has been in operation for several years.  Where an option doesn't exist that's typically because one or both parties don't think introducing it is technically and/or financially viable (these factors being closely linked). Neither side is making enough profit from any individual subscription to be able to suit everyone.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion