Discussion topic: Flashing green bar at top of screen

This message was authored by TK83 This message was authored by: TK83

Flashing green bar at top of screen

Hello,

I have Sky stream and have recently noticed an issue. During ad breaks on some channels there is a flashing green pixelated bar at the top of the screen. I have tried rebooting/turning off etc but it is still happening

I don't think it is an internet problem as speeds are around:

Response time 43 ms
Download speed 123 Mbps
Upload speed 29 Mbps

I should also say that I have only noticed this during live programmes so far

Many thanks

All Replies

This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Re: Flashing green bar at top of screen

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there, TK83. I’ve escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this. 

Just look out for the colourful bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147 

This message was authored by MH551 This message was authored by: MH551

I am having the same problem. Any idea for fix?

TK83
Topic Author
This message was authored by TK83 This message was authored by: TK83

Not as yet. I had a helpful online chat with a helpful advisor that didn't resolve issue (different settings, resetting box etc), then a helpful chat with an advisor over the phone. We thought we'd sussed the problem (the box connecting to weaker internet modem when usual connection lost) but the issue is still happening now when only connected to strong WiFi. They did say to call back if problem persisted after a week as that would probably mean a hardware issue. I just haven't had a chance to call yet. 

I only have the problem on Challenge TV now during advert breaks

This message was authored by Nigel80 This message was authored by: Nigel80

Hi all

i have the same issue.

i have noticed it happening on two TV's that are on opposite ends of the house. One Puck is connected via WiFi, the other is plugged directly into the Router. My internet speed is 400mb/s. 

This message was authored by keyz182 This message was authored by: keyz182

I'm also seeing this happen, on separate pucks. I've eliminated the TV or HDMI cable as an issue, as when you go to the tv guide for example, you see the green flickering only in the small preview window.

It appears to be mainly on the adverts, but also at the start of programs sometimes.

This message was authored by Buttery_Ken This message was authored by: Buttery_Ken

@keyz182 wrote:

I'm also seeing this happen, on separate pucks. I've eliminated the TV or HDMI cable as an issue, as when you go to the tv guide for example, you see the green flickering only in the small preview window.

It appears to be mainly on the adverts, but also at the start of programs sometimes.

I suspect it may be something to do with this:

https://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2023/12/04/sky-unveils-4-million-household-viewing-panel/ 

Sky are all about forcing as many ads on us as possible... 

This message was authored by Nigel80 This message was authored by: Nigel80

I've noticed that it goes to the small window too. That was a relief for me as I initially though my screen was on the way out😂

This message was authored by knucklebones This message was authored by: knucklebones

Has there been any update on this?

Just started happening to me also.

This message was authored by RidleyDeckard This message was authored by: RidleyDeckard

Same here, and on the Challenge channel. It has also started causing the Puck to crash if you try to change channels to escape the green flash. Sometimes it comes back after a while, but sometimes it needs to be unplugged and rebooted. 

This message was authored by RidleyDeckard This message was authored by: RidleyDeckard

I was watching it more closely last night and a one point during the advert break, the system froze and flashed up the message saying there was a technical error on this channel. At that point, the whole system became completely unresponsive and needed to be replugged.

This message was authored by knucklebones This message was authored by: knucklebones

Had that happen. 

Also getting 'waiting for your program to load' a lot recently. 

Not my Internet that is causing it.

This message was authored by Markodonovan This message was authored by: Markodonovan

Exactly the same issue for me. Originally thought broadband speed to slow so upgraded with no resolution. Also on Sky stream and mostly happens in adverts, seems like no solution found yet ?

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Markodonovan I think the issue is a minor bug in the way Sky insert adverts which are specifically aimed at you unless you have opted out in the data use permissions. It is very clever technology but is not perfect and seems to cause issues occasionally, currently on Challenge TV specially. Sky will be aware of the issue but you can report it to Viewer Relations at viewerR@sky.uk but I dont expect an instant fix as it is not a bug in the puck or related to your broadband. but in the way the servers merge streams.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Thanks for this, I'll make sure to submit a report to them.

I've figured out, that if we don't change channels while the issue is happening, the puck seems fine. If you do switch channels, there is a chance it will cause issues. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion