Discussion topic: F1 live recording keeps skipping for 30 seconds, anyone else having this problem?

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Re: F1 live recording keeps skipping for 30 seconds, anyone else having this problem?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Pam39 wrote:

Same for me. This is second race it's skipped forward every few seconds. Not acceptable as totally spoils race. Tried switching off tv & router but no difference 

See posts 39 and 40 in this thread.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by DH0067 This message was authored by: DH0067

Re: F1 live recording keeps skipping for 30 seconds, anyone else having this problem?

I reported my scenario to Sky and today had contact from Sky Complaints. They tell me that, despite all the other similar posts involving same time, channel etc, the problem is connectivity related.  Having ruled out my broadband speed (BT superfast fibre) I've been advised to hard wire the BT hub to the TV.  I shall try that and see what happens on Sunday at the race from Spa.

This message was authored by SLPL1 This message was authored by: SLPL1

Mine is already hard wired and I still have the problem they gave me  £30 off my bill in compensation and told me the issue was being worked on, how can it be a connectivity issue when it only happens on skyfl

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@DH0067 wrote:

I reported my scenario to Sky and today had contact from Sky Complaints. They tell me that, despite all the other similar posts involving same time, channel etc, the problem is connectivity related.  Having ruled out my broadband speed (BT superfast fibre) I've been advised to hard wire the BT hub to the TV.  I shall try that and see what happens on Sunday at the race from Spa.

It's not connection related and based on the response I got back Sky are aware of the issue that affected the first 15-17 laps only of the past 2 races. Whether it gets fixed before this weekend or not who knows but I'd be surprised if it's still an issue post the summer break.

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by GB28 This message was authored by: GB28

I hit the same issue yesterday but watching Sky Sunday Premiership football. Plus a whole bunch of other broken functionality. Sky stream just does not work well enough. I don't want £25 or £30 of credit/vouchers, I want to be released from the contract where Sky have not fulfilled there part of the deal.

@GB28 wrote:

I hit the same issue yesterday but watching Sky Sunday Premiership football. Plus a whole bunch of other broken functionality. Sky stream just does not work well enough. I don't want £25 or £30 of credit/vouchers, I want to be released from the contract where Sky have not fulfilled there part of the deal.

I'd suggest raising it with the Viewer Relations Team via viewerR@sky.uk.

Once people reported the F1 issues mentioned in this thread  to the Viewer Relations Team Sky resolved it fairly quickly.

NOT a Sky Employee

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion