Discussion topic: Dolby Atmos audio drop out

This message was authored by Dac20vt This message was authored by: Dac20vt

Re: Dolby Atmos audio drop out

I'm on Gigafast and Cat6 to the router. It's 100% not related to internet bandwidth. 

The software just isn't optimised for Atmos and high bit rate audio I believe.

This message was authored by PEJasp This message was authored by: PEJasp

I have three pucks all show the same issue. 

it's a tech issue on the puck that seems to struggle to have the bandwidth ( cpu memory or somewhere else who knows ) to do everything at max, so 4k hdr Dolby vision and atmos . I assume either they will never fix it or it will be v2 of the puck. The matching cables improved it but it's still there and annoying.

This message was authored by Scorp1 This message was authored by: Scorp1

Apologies for bumping an old post but I've been noticing this drop out a couple of times today watching EPL. Quite annoying since Dolby Atmos is a paid extra on Stream.

Any chance of Sky fixing this? Seems rather unfair to charge for a product that doesn't function correctly.

I've actually taken the decision to cancel UHD and Atmos until this is sorted out. 

I didn't manage to finish 1 UHD/Atmos football match without the sound totally cutting out until the box was restarted. Absolute shambles if you ask me.

This message was authored by M3rk This message was authored by: M3rk

I have been getting similar if watching atmos content through the puck via on board apps, happens if watching content via Netfix / Apple / Prime. i stopped paying for skys atmos content so cant comment on that.

Playing same content via TVs native apps and gaming atmos content via Xbox, don't have issues.

for me it started a few months back , comes and gos, super annoying.

This message was authored by Nigelb1972 This message was authored by: Nigelb1972

I've noticed this as well and I'm fully connected with 2.1 cables. The only thing I can think of is that it's related to the audio sync issue and it's the Arc/eARC protocols resyncing the audio. If I'm watching a long broadcast such as football, it happens once during the whole match and with films I rarely notice it because I normally hit pause at some point to go loo or fetch a drink 

This message was authored by FFU01 This message was authored by: FFU01

Same issue here but not just when using soundbar but also when using audio  directly from the tv itself. E.g. watching an Atmos programme on Netflix through the puck gives me intermittent sound drop, almost every 15 minutes., regardless of whether the sound is wired to my soundbar or not. Watching the same programme through the Netflix app on my TV (LG Oled C2, ,Dolby atmos enabled), no issues at all. Anybody been given a fix yet?

No fix and customer services seem oblivious to it even with these forums full. 

I've cancelled my services all together until there's a v2 of the box 

This message was authored by Debaser This message was authored by: Debaser

If you have a LG tv then under advanced settings set "digital sound output" to "pass through" 

this reduced the issue passing through sound to my atmos enabled soundbar (i hardly ever notice it now and recovers quickly)

This message was authored by M3rk This message was authored by: M3rk

@Debaser wrote:

If you have a LG tv then under advanced settings set "digital sound output" to "pass through" 

this reduced the issue passing through sound to my atmos enabled soundbar (i hardly ever notice it now and recovers quickly)

Find that doesn't help with me 😞 have had it set on passthrough since getting the sonos gear , didnt have issue initially, then after one of the updates, not sure which, happens all the time . I tend to just watch via the native apps on the TV now when atmos is available, kinda defeats the objective though!

😬

This message was authored by FFU01 This message was authored by: FFU01

Same with me, and it drops out whether through the soundbar or TV speakers. I called Sky and they gave me their stock answer 'we haven't been notified of this but it will be escelated'. They have indeed been notified of this lots of times . Anyway, let's see if they do anything about this 🤣

gpb156
Topic Author
This message was authored by gpb156 This message was authored by: gpb156

I have LG TV and LG Soundbar. Puck and TV both set to passthrough and drop out still intermittent with Dolby Atmos, so this does not seem to be the solution.

It's not - I had mine all set to pass through. 

It's a problem with the hardware. 

This message was authored by Nigelb1972 This message was authored by: Nigelb1972

I tried watching something on Netflix yesterday and the drop outs are worse than ever. This is definitely a major issue for that Sky need to sort out.

This message was authored by TechMaster This message was authored by: TechMaster

I get this sometimes too, for example watching netflix , drive to survive which is dolby vision and dolby Atmos, but it's erractic, sometimes it's fine, sometimes it happens 2 or 3 times. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion