Discussion topic: Discovery plus sport in UHD

This message was authored by Astongooner This message was authored by: Astongooner

Discovery plus sport in UHD

Apologies if this has been asked before I have access to discovery plus via an alternative provider which gives me sport in UHD.  when using this account on my stream I don't get the UHD option is this normal?

Ex Sky Q current Sky Stream user

Best Answers
Astongooner
Topic Author
This message was authored by Astongooner This message was authored by: Astongooner Answer

Re: Discovery plus sport in UHD

All sorted I was expecting to be offered the highest definition on the front screen but now realise if I scroll down on the sport page there is an UHD line which I can access Live content thanks for everyone's help

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @Astongooner 

I believe TNT Ultimate is only available via the EPG and not via the app.  This means you would need to subscribe via sky.

https://support.discoveryplus.com/gb/Answer/Detail/000004067

States: 4K UHD for select shows and movies (not including live content) on devices that support 4K UHD

Although they don't make it easy to understand what is what. I've only seen TNT 1 to 4 in the Discovery plus app.

MikeAlanR

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.
This message was authored by trevforum This message was authored by: trevforum

I have TNT Sports via BT and can get the live UHD HDR Ultimate feed on the Discovery+ app on my Sky stream puck and on Sky Glass.  

——————————————————-
Sky Stream, Sky Glass, Panasonic DX902, Pioneer LX-901 7.1.4
Astongooner
Topic Author
This message was authored by Astongooner This message was authored by: Astongooner

Thanks for the reply guys I also have it via BT when I log into the app on my Apple TV I get the option to watch a football match in UHD but via the stream I don't I will have a play

This message was authored by Jones_The_Cat This message was authored by: Jones_The_Cat

@Astongooner wrote:

Thanks for the reply guys I also have it via BT when I log into the app on my Apple TV I get the option to watch a football match in UHD but via the stream I don't I will have a play

Check that your puck hasn't switched itself back to 1080 on the video output. They can sometimes randomly do that. Give it a reboot and set it back to 2160P and UHD should hopefully work. 

Astongooner
Topic Author
This message was authored by Astongooner This message was authored by: Astongooner Answer

All sorted I was expecting to be offered the highest definition on the front screen but now realise if I scroll down on the sport page there is an UHD line which I can access Live content thanks for everyone's help

This message was authored by BlakeC16 This message was authored by: BlakeC16

Yeah, unfortunately it's one difference between Discovery+ and the old BT Sport app. BT Sport would always offer up the best quality available to you based on your subscription and equipment at the top of the front page, while with Discovery+ you have to look around a bit to find the 4K version.

Astongooner
Topic Author

It's strange when I open the discovery+ app on Apple TV 4K the first screen offers the match in UHD. It's almost like sky or someone doesn't want to make it to easy for you to get to it

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@Astongooner wrote:

It's strange when I open the discovery+ app on Apple TV 4K the first screen offers the match in UHD. It's almost like sky or someone doesn't want to make it to easy for you to get to it

It's all Discovery, they control the various apps running on each platform and thus control what streams are available on each. I wonder if Discovery are having more issues running their app on Entertainment OS/sky hardware which may explain the more limited UHD content available when compared with discovery + on other platforms.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion