Discussion topic: Discovery plus error 400

This message was authored by robinson2389 This message was authored by: robinson2389

Re: Discovery plus error 400

I have been on to sky again. Went through all of the same scenario....he is asking in the 'viva engage' for someone else to help. Told him I get up to the activate webpage. He is ringing me back on Saturday. 

This message was authored by colinp63 This message was authored by: colinp63

Re: Discovery plus Update

Its now May22nd and i still cant get discovery plus to work its wierd i can watch the last episode i watch but nothing else just get Upgrade

Colin Paterson
This message was authored by robinson2389 This message was authored by: robinson2389

Re: Discovery plus Update

Same, been promised 2 call backs. I was also advise to reach out to discovery plus, they took my account details and confirmed there is no issue, it's a sky issue. 

I specifically asked when switching services that I would not loose discovery....been off since March. 

This message was authored by colinp63 This message was authored by: colinp63

Never had this issue when i had Sky Q now have Sky Stream problem after a few months with streaming service Really makes my blood boil especially when it takes ages to get through to Sky it seams like they are trying to make it so difficult to get help

Colin Paterson

that's what's happened with me, Q to stream and lost it. I might ring again tonight. I'll let you know. 

This message was authored by Doreen1930 This message was authored by: Doreen1930

Question about solution Sky Glass issue with Discovery Plus

I know this issue has been "fixed" before, although I did not have the problem in January. When accessing Discovery Plus through Glass tv I get error message 400, no connection to internet. All other apps work, and it does work through the puck upstairs in my son's room. I spent an hour on a chat with Discovery plus but they could not get a grip on it.

I have so far rebooted everything, unplugged, refreshed apps and so on. I really don't want to do a factory reboot if it means I then have to relog on to every other app (which are all working fine, of course). 

Will I lose my connection to my other apps if I do a factory reboot, and will this definitely solve the problem? I am struggling physically and mentally to deal with and understand the issues, but I watch a lot of Discovery Plus shows and want to fix the issue. 

This message was authored by Doreen1930 This message was authored by: Doreen1930

How do I go about making a complaint about this error? I am not prepared to try a full factory reset unless I know for sure that it will work, and it seems that this problem has not been solved in any way. Along with the other problems with Glass, I am at the end of my patience.

This message was authored by Padam_Padam This message was authored by: Padam_Padam

@Doreen1930 wrote:

How do I go about making a complaint about this error? I am not prepared to try a full factory reset unless I know for sure that it will work, and it seems that this problem has not been solved in any way. Along with the other problems with Glass, I am at the end of my patience.

You can complain by using one of the methods listed on Sky's complaints page:

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/how-to-make-a-complaint 

I made a complaint on Friday about this. It's a known problem for people moving from Q to stream/glass. There's no date for a fix. Complaints side are checking my account every 2 weeks for any update. 

This message was authored by genealogy This message was authored by: genealogy

I was told also told its  a known problem, how come oneof the world leaders in TV technology can't fix it?  No doubt we will all have to pay for our own accounts on Discovery plus and maybe Netflix next? Very very poor response from Sky with no real customer care. Roll on end of contract.

I am paying for it and was told they 'might' reimburse once fixed but won't confirm 

I made a complaint about this but have heard nothing back from them. 

I complained via their WhatsApp complaints channel 

This message was authored by genealogy This message was authored by: genealogy

It really is a shame that a Company this size cannot or can't be bothered to assist its loyal customers. I have subscribed directly to Discovery plus and will cancel my Sky subscription as soon as my contract allows..

This message was authored by Padam_Padam This message was authored by: Padam_Padam

@genealogy wrote:

It really is a shame that a Company this size cannot or can't be bothered to assist its loyal customers. I have subscribed directly to Discovery plus and will cancel my Sky subscription as soon as my contract allows..

It has been reported by other customers that Sky will allow you to cancel any Sky Stream subscription with just 31 days notice, without penalty, even if you are on an 18 month contract. 

There is a legal clause for all streaming services in the UK which aren't fully paid for up front, which allows a customer to end a streaming service contract with 31 days notice. Nobody pays for the whole 18 months of a Sky contract up front, so Sky have to legally let you leave if you so wish. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion