Discussion topic: Discovery plus TNT sports app works but not in front end

This message was authored by jedi+ringo This message was authored by: jedi+ringo

Discovery plus TNT sports app works but not in front end

I currently have Discovery Plus with TNT sports via EE.

The sky stream Disc+ app works a treat.

Why can't the front end allow showing of the sports in my normal channel guide?

if I cancel EE and change to sky subscription will I still get app access on other web streaming devices ?

All Replies

This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr

Re: Discovery plus TNT sports app works but not in front end

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @jedi+ringo 

You need to subscribe via sky to receive TNT via Sky's EPG. Sky wouldn't make money if they allowed TNT subscribes to view the channels via the EPG but billed elsewhere, so wouldn't make sound business sense.

If you pay Sky for TNT sports, the Discovery+ App will continue to work as it does now for you paying via EE. I.e. you can log in on other devices etc.

MikeAlanR

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.
jedi+ringo
Topic Author
This message was authored by jedi+ringo This message was authored by: jedi+ringo

Ok so to clarify 

TNT sports paid via Sky the login details will work across all other devices Firestick etc on Discovery plus apps

This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr

Hi @jedi+ringo 

Yes. Your existing username and password for discovery plus remains the same. You will see 'Billed by sky' in your discovery+ account. It should show 'Billed by EE' there now.

MikeAlanR

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.
jedi+ringo
Topic Author

Just thinking about your sky EPG / front end  comment 

BBC, ITV are all linked to their respective apps etc

Netflx, Prime etc all on the front end for links into their apps.

Only the Discovery Plus app has no front end support 

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

what I believe is being referred to as front end is the live channels via the channel guide. None of these are presented and delivered via the apps so for example the BBC 1 live channel via the TV guide isn't opening the IPlayer app and streaming the content that way, it generally only opens the IPlayer app if you click the "watch from start" feature on a live show broadcasting one a BBC channel.

thats why you need a TNT sport sub via Sky to get access to the live linear streaming channels via the Channel Guide/EPG because the streams aren't belong delivered through the discovery plus app.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion