Discussion topic: Playlist on stream asking for me to sign in to watch a programme

This message was authored by SamN This message was authored by: SamN

Playlist on stream asking for me to sign in to watch a programme

I've saved something from Ch4 to my playlist on stream, this is the first time using the playlist. Rather than just playing when I press watch it is asking me to sign in, it provides a QR code and then when you scan I need a log in for Ch4. Why is this happening and will I need a log in for every channel? When we chose stream we were told playlist was just like record but on the cloud 🤷🏻‍♀️

All Replies

This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr

Re: Playlist on stream asking for me to sign in to watch a programme

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @SamN 

This is 'expected' behaviour. Sky Glass / Steam uses broadcasters catch up apps to play back content. You will need to sign up for an account and log into each (BBC iPlayer, ITVX etc too). Thankfuy this is a one time requirement.

Glass / Stream doesn't record locslly and cloud recordings are only available under specific circumstances. 

See https://www.sky.com/help/articles/your-playlist-and-tv-guide-sky-glass

MikeAlanR

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion