Discussion topic: Cannot access Amazon Prime on Sky Stream

This message was authored by DJI This message was authored by: DJI

Cannot access Amazon Prime on Sky Stream

Cannot access Amazon Prime on Sky Stream.  I enter the TV screen code (signed in to my Prime Account on my laptop) to register the device, get a green success message, but the TV does not update.

Best Answers
This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert Answer

Re: Cannot access Amazon Prime on Sky Stream

@DJI wrote:

Cannot access Amazon Prime on Sky Stream.  I enter the TV screen code (signed in to my Prime Account on my laptop) to register the device, get a green success message, but the TV does not update.

Give your puck a full reboot - turn it off at the wall for a minute then back on and allow it to restart, then try again and see if Prime Video will work. 

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert Answer

@DJI wrote:

Give your puck a full reboot - turn it off at the wall for a minute then back on and allow it to restart, then try again and see if Prime Video will work. 

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@DJI 

If the above doesn't work check on your Amazon account (on laptop or pc) that you haven't reached your device limit 

if you have delete some of the non used devices 

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
DJI
Topic Author
This message was authored by DJI This message was authored by: DJI

Brilliant.  Thanks.

This message was authored by D-2023 This message was authored by: D-2023

I have this issue too. Tried turning off and leaving, etc, but still showing 'something went wrong' error message when I try to play in the app. The app is loading, and showing my content, including purchases, just not playing them through Stream. I can play directly through the tv, so not an issue with the Prime account. 

The amazon forum has this following message, however when I log in to my router admin panel I don't get the 'URL Redirect' option to change. Any thoughts?

https://uk.amazonforum.com/s/question/0D56Q0000BxFilWSQS/error-message-on-sky-stream

My apologies for the inconvenience caused due to Prime Video streaming issue and you get 'something went wrong' message.

Our technical team is researching the issue and is requesting customers who continue to face this issue,

To check the Router Settings by following the below steps to Disable URL Redirect Capability.

• Login to the modem admin panel. To do that, type 192.168.1.1 in browser’s address bar.
  • Enter the username and password to use the modem setting panel. Default username is ‘admin’ and password is ‘admin’ (use without quotes)
  • Navigate to “Advanced” tab at the top and click on “URL Redirect” option on the left menu panel.
  • It will open the “URL Redirect Configuration” window where you can see “URL Redirect Capability” enabled. There only you can see the URL (redirect to) populated. It allows you to either change the URL or disable the Redirect Capability.
  • Select ‘Disable‘ option and Apply Changes

Now the modem will restart again and after this change, you will never see this redirect happening again.

-In case the redirect is still happening after making these changes, turn off the modem for more than 10 seconds and restart again. Check on the modem page to see if the changes were saved for URL redirect option.

Keep us posted if you experience any further issues.

Thank you for your patience while we work on fixing this!

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@D-2023 

No idea where they've got that from: it's not appropriate advice for a Sky Hub (I don't think there's any such setting) and that's not the right IP address or username/password combination.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

@D-2023 

Try logging into your Amazon account on a pc / laptop - find the registered devices section in the account settings and delete the sky device 

this will allow you to sign back in to your account on sky stream. 

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!

Thanks, we tried that too, unfortunately it didn't help. I've posted in the Amazon forum and had a reply that they are looking at it. Hopefully it will be resolved at some point! 🙂

Yes, we had to find the correct router address first. Even with that it didn't help. I've commented on the original post on Amazon asking for more help. Fingers crossed! 🙂

This message was authored by zapboy This message was authored by: zapboy

Same problem. It's not my prime account. Works fine on laptop or phone. Everything in the Prime app on the TV works as it should until you actually try to play something. Then you get get the super unhelpful message "something went wrong".

I believe this is a Sky issue and nothing I do will resolve it. Very tiresome indeed. 

Hi there

Having gone through every available option, several times, over many months, I finally raised a formal complaint. They acknowledged the issue, and said they were starting to see a few complaints in this area. The only thing that hadn't been done was a new Sky Stream puck, they finally agreed to this .... and it worked. I think there are a few dodgy pucks out there causing the issue. As soon as it was plugged in I could access all the apps that previously threw errors. 

I'd suggest trying that as your next step.  Good luck.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion