Discussion topic: Sky streaming box issues

This message was authored by Toothless71 This message was authored by: Toothless71

Sky streaming box issues

Hi  I'm having issues with the sky streaming box and wanted to know if these were common issues or if I'm just unlucky.

1. I choose a program to watch and it takes about 2 minutes the controls seem to freeze, it's like the remote stops working.

2. I add a program to download and it doesn't download the whole thing I only got the last 40 minutes.

3. I click on a program that has already started on channel 4 and click watch from beginning and it takes me to channel4.7 which has the sign language interpreter on it.

And finally 4. The box seems to stop working altogether, literally just crashes when I'm trying to access a show to watch and I have to wait between 15 mins and an hour before it works again.

I get this is new to sky but there are so many issues with this box I'm actually regretting signing up to it, its so buggy, is anyone else having these issues? Thanks

All Replies

This message was authored by UnrealityTV This message was authored by: UnrealityTV

Re: Sky streaming box issues

@Toothless71 wrote:

Hi  I'm having issues with the sky streaming box and wanted to know if these were common issues or if I'm just unlucky.

1. I choose a program to watch and it takes about 2 minutes the controls seem to freeze, it's like the remote stops working.

The remotes are variable in quality - there have been many issues reported with them over the past 2 years since Glass/Stream launched. You can request a replacement from Sky

2. I add a program to download and it doesn't download the whole thing I only got the last 40 minutes.

Sky Stream doesn't download anything. It has no internal storage. Everything is streamed. 

3. I click on a program that has already started on channel 4 and click watch from beginning and it takes me to channel4.7 which has the sign language interpreter on it.

If you are watching via the Channel 4 app then it can sometimes link to the last version broadcast of a particular show. If the last broadcast was a signed version then that's the one which will stream. 

And finally 4. The box seems to stop working altogether, literally just crashes when I'm trying to access a show to watch and I have to wait between 15 mins and an hour before it works again.

A reboot can often help with such issues. Turn the Stream puck off at the wall for a minute then power back on.

I get this is new to sky but there are so many issues with this box I'm actually regretting signing up to it, its so buggy, is anyone else having these issues? Thanks

It's not really new. It's been around for over 2 years now. Yes, it still is very buggy. If you are within 31 days of activation you can return it to Sky without penalty.

Some points noted above, but many of your issues may be related to broadband speed. 

What speed do you receive? Who is your broadband provider? Are you connecting via WiFi or ethernet?

Check the speed that is actually reaching the puck by opening the Netflix app, navigate to the Get Help menu and run a network test. 

Stream needs a minimum of 25-30Mbps consistently to function well. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion