Discussion topic: Back to Live TV

This message was authored by DiscoDave77 This message was authored by: DiscoDave77

Back to Live TV

Me Again,

OK Found my first annoyance, so watching a show and the ad's come on..   Using voice command I say "Skip 2 minutes" but on occurances it looks for a show called skipping which then takes me from live tv to a show.

How the devil do you easily return back to Live tv ??  Currently i have to research the show I am watching and select it to go back to live tv.

Thanks.

All Replies

DiscoDave77
Topic Author
This message was authored by DiscoDave77 This message was authored by: DiscoDave77

Re: Back to Live TV

research should be re-search

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

What happened when you said the name of the channel?

Shouldn't you  have said "skip forward" rather than "skip"🤔

Exiled in HH
DiscoDave77
Topic Author

hi @Exiled-in-HH  not sure what you mean about saying "Name of channel".

I say "Skip 3 Minutes"... which 8/10 times works the other two try to perform a search (It's not recognised what I said).  I can try other methods but there are always going to be instances where it is not recoginsed.

I then get a show listing (The show I am trying to skip is still playing),   The question was in that scenario  how do I return easily back to the original show, without finding it in the menus.  Surely there should be an easy way of returning.....

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

You can access channels by saying the name of a channel🤔

Try saying ... "skip forward" rather than "skip"😔

Exiled in HH
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@DiscoDave77 

It's not possible to skip adverts while watching live television.

For a recorded show, that would destroy the schedule.

In actual live broadcast the next bit hasn't happened yet...

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
DiscoDave77
Topic Author

sorry for the confusion, it's not live TV, its a series for example I was watching something on Discovery+ ad's came on tried voice command it got it wrong went back to menu, whilst show was still playing trying to get back to current show.

DiscoDave77
Topic Author

@Exiled-in-HH 

I will try "Skip Forward".

Still doesn't answer the question of how to return to show 🙂

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@DiscoDave77  Generally I find the voice command for FF and RW work pretty but I haven't tried using the word "Skip" as I just say forward 3 minutes or back 3 minutes etc.

To get back to what you were watching if you press the home button it defaults to the window "Currently playing" so just press the select button again.

If the currently playing has changed due to your search just press the left arrow and it will take you to the last channel you were watching.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"

I've never had your issue ... I'd suggest pressing the back or left button😔

Exiled in HH
DiscoDave77
Topic Author

@Fothergill1  Thanks I will try that, I am sure i tried that but couldn't see anything but will give it a go, I will also try alternative voice commands.

This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia

Posted by a Sky employee

Morning @DiscoDave77 

Welcome to the Community.

Thanks for your feedback, we'll send this on to our support teams 👍

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion