Discussion topic: Rating Sky Films

This message was authored by any1ablue This message was authored by: any1ablue

Rating Sky Films

Looked for a new action film to watch last night. Picked 'THE HARD HIT' based on good reviews in google. I paid £10 for the 'privilege'.  It was one of, if not THE worst films I've ever seen. Genuinely and without exaggeration. The 'acting' was so wooden it was like a poorly thrown together school production.  There was no saving grace in any facet of this utter disaster of a film. The script, direction and just the basic premise of this dreadful mess were no better.  I want my money back on the grounds of fraudulent selling by Sky. Shameful................

All Replies

This message was authored by mike+simmonds This message was authored by: mike+simmonds

Re: Rating Sky Films

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @any1ablue 

I'm not entirely sure that this is how the world works ? but if you want to give it a go you can live chat with the Skystore team using this link 

https://www.skystore.com/n/hcus/help/contact-us 

on here - we are just Sky customers like you. 

having thought about it, maybe I can try to get a refund from Everyman for sitting through Asteroid City, which if you don't mind me correcting you - actually is the worst movie ever made. 🙂

Sky customer since 1989.
Sky Q 2TB main box
LG CX6LA from 2020

Have a look at Sky Store – A quick guide for users

Have a look at Maximising the sound quality of your Sky Soundbox

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@any1ablue wrote:

based on good reviews in google.

I want my money back on the grounds of fraudulent selling by Sky. Shameful................

Not sure this is fraudulent selling by Sky as they are not resonsalble for whatever reviews you found via Google.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@any1ablue wrote:

It was one of, if not THE worst films I've ever seen. Genuinely and without exaggeration. The 'acting' was so wooden it was like a poorly thrown together school production.  There was no saving grace in any facet of this utter disaster of a film. The script, direction and just the basic premise of this dreadful mess were no better. 

The one with unheard-of directors*, zero identifiable cast members, no known studio, no Wikipedia page, no cinema release, no media reviews and no Rotten Tomatoes rating? 

I'm shocked....

HH.png

Personally I'd go for "Hard Hit" instead ; )

* who also appear to have produced, DP'd, edited, SFX'd and written the screenplay.  Versatile chaps, it would seem.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

You should ignore the rating of anything with less than 1000 contribution on IMDB or Rotten Tomatoes!

Exiled in HH
any1ablue
Topic Author

That bit was tongue in cheek (I thought it was obvious). The point of this, as shown in the title, is Sky RATINGS - as they're non existent and therefore films can't be judged before spending hard earned tenner........

any1ablue
Topic Author

There's no defending this kind of tripe. But, the point is, we as customers should be able to RATE Sky films so other customers can make considered judgements of what to spend their money, and time, on. At the moment there's no facility for that and that's the point of this Community Chat title. I can. bet no one reading this will watch this film now I've damned it, I just wish I'd have known before Sky 'robbed' me of my money.......

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

If you want to see ratings before purchasing a film visit IMDB or Rotten Tomatoes there's no need for Sky or any other content store to rate films.

Visit JustWatch before buying anything as they show both rating services scores!

Exiled in HH
This message was authored by nolte This message was authored by: nolte

I think the ratings are based on imdb

In this case, it was 13 people who rated.

Always best as suggested above to do further research and look at how many people actually rated it

Even a Google search gives the number of ratings on it. It's the 13 in brackets.

I tend to give a bit more credence to rotten tomatoes, (which is a % of whether critics liked it or not). In this case, hard hit has 0 reviews whatsoever.

---------
ROI sky Q Customer

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion