Discussion topic: email from Sky saying about free Sky Q box installation

This message was authored by fergie1690 This message was authored by: fergie1690

email from Sky saying about free Sky Q box installation

Got the following email from Sky:-

As a valued customer, we want you to enjoy our best possible experience. Which is why you can now upgrade to Sky Q with no set‑up fees.

Plus, your TV package won’t change — we’ll just replace your current box with our latest one (which must be returned at the end of your subscription).

We have the very first original Sky+ Box. Broadband is with BT. Only on ADSL as we cannot get full fibre as we live out in the country . Top speed 0.3/0/4Mbps on a good day ;)))

So the email says ring Sky and an egineer will install new Sky Q box free of charge.

Will I loss the current recordings I have stored..(quite a few on there)...

Will the new box basically work the same as the old box so that I can just record TV shows......I would NOT be connected to Sky Broadband...or be using it to ''stream'' programmes obviously with the really crappy broadband speed we get from BT?

We have the full package of Sky Cinema...Sky Sports etc.. its around £89 a month.

If anyone could offer some advice that would be great.

Many Thanks

Glenn

All Replies

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

Re: email from Sky saying about free Sky Q box installation

@fergie1690 wrote:

Got the following email from Sky:-

As a valued customer, we want you to enjoy our best possible experience. Which is why you can now upgrade to Sky Q with no set‑up fees.

Plus, your TV package won’t change — we’ll just replace your current box with our latest one (which must be returned at the end of your subscription).

We have the very first original Sky+ Box. Broadband is with BT. Only on ADSL as we cannot get full fibre as we live out in the country . Top speed 0.3/0/4Mbps on a good day ;)))

So the email says ring Sky and an egineer will install new Sky Q box free of charge.

Will I loss the current recordings I have stored..(quite a few on there)...

Will the new box basically work the same as the old box so that I can just record TV shows......I would NOT be connected to Sky Broadband...or be using it to ''stream'' programmes obviously with the really crappy broadband speed we get from BT?

We have the full package of Sky Cinema...Sky Sports etc.. its around £89 a month.

If anyone could offer some advice that would be great.

Many Thanks

Glenn

It's a no to the existing recordings as they're stored locally on your hard drive. Obviously, the apps and catchup on the Q box will be useless to yourself. I like the new interface myself but I can't see any advantage for yourself and a big disadvantage regarding the existing recordings.

fergie1690
Topic Author
This message was authored by fergie1690 This message was authored by: fergie1690

Thanks Colin for your reply....guess better sticking with what I have until it kicks the bucket ;))

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@fergie1690 

you may have already decided but you may benefit from  reading some notes I have made for people considering switching from SKY +/HD to SKY Q

SKY +/HD to SKY Q 

fergie1690
Topic Author

Thank you very much nigea99 :))

Just read through what you posted there.

Think i will be sticking to the Sky plus for as long as I can...its simple and easy and it works....

Thank you for taking the time out to share with me 🙂

Glenn

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion