Discussion topic: YouTube Kids app disappeared

This message was authored by ArbitraryLarry This message was authored by: ArbitraryLarry

YouTube Kids app disappeared

Switched on this morning and the YouTube Kids app has disappeared from Sky Q.

The only way we can get to it now is by going in to normal YouTube and choose kids profile. But that's not good as it means child might choose an adult profile in there.

Best Answers
This message was authored by xenon81 This message was authored by: xenon81 Answer

Re: YouTube Kids app disappeared

The YouTube Kids app on TV platforms is being closed down. It's a decision made by Google and affects all TV services.

https://9to5google.com/2024/02/26/youtube-kids-tv-app/

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Quoman7 This message was authored by: Quoman7

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@ArbitraryLarry wrote:

Switched on this morning and the YouTube Kids app has disappeared from Sky Q.

The only way we can get to it now is by going in to normal YouTube and choose kids profile. But that's not good as it means child might choose an adult profile in there.

Hi @ArbitraryLarry This is not a change from SKY, but a change from YouTube as they are merging the service with their other apps.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I used to have superpowers… But a therapist took them away.
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@ArbitraryLarry 

Sky have announced it here

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Online-Apps-Email/YouTube-Kids-Apps-to-Close-6th-June-2024/ba-p/4654752

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by AM1966 This message was authored by: AM1966

Just tried to call Sky but quite frankley useless. 

For now this means my child cant access You Tube Kids on the TV as it means they haveraccess to the main You Tube account. I can't believe (or maybe I should) that Google has done this.  At this stage Sky has no solution for me. 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@AM1966 wrote:

Just tried to call Sky but quite frankley useless. 

For now this means my child cant access You Tube Kids on the TV as it means they haveraccess to the main You Tube account. I can't believe (or maybe I should) that Google has done this.  At this stage Sky has no solution for me. 

It's a waste of time trying to contact Sky on this, for the reasons already posted. There's nothing Sky can do about it.

This message was authored by xenon81 This message was authored by: xenon81 Answer

The YouTube Kids app on TV platforms is being closed down. It's a decision made by Google and affects all TV services.

https://9to5google.com/2024/02/26/youtube-kids-tv-app/

This message was authored by Charlie111 This message was authored by: Charlie111

Lost YouTube kids app

My YouTube kids app has gone

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Lost YouTube kids app

@Charlie111   I have merged your post to this existing thread that is discussing the sametopic, a new thread isn't required.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Andrewlloyd0808 This message was authored by: Andrewlloyd0808

So short sighted of Google to remove this app. It's not Sky's fault but there is no way to pin protect the adult profile in YouTube so it's now access to all or nothing

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion