Discussion topic: Waiting for TV Schedule not loading

This message was authored by ProximusAl This message was authored by: ProximusAl

Re: Waiting for TV Schedule not loading

I rebooted mine last night as it wouldn't update the EPG past next Saturday.

After the reboot, EPG was populated.

This message was authored by Ray+Keenan This message was authored by: Ray+Keenan

Mine is 'awaiting tv schedule' from 7pm next Monday evening. Now it might decide to populate within the next 20 or so minutes or it may not but it hadn't been 24 hours since the last box reboot. There is no rhyme or reason as to how long the box will last before needing to be rebooted so the blasted EPG will properly populate as it should. Some times I can go a whole week between reboots and other times I can be rebooting a couple of times a week, sometimes more than that. It is so unpredictable. 

I genuinely can't remember the last time I didn't have to reboot the main box weekly as this issue seems like it been going on forever and doesn't look like it's improving at all nor is there an explanation as to why it keeps happening.  

This message was authored by MacSupMo This message was authored by: MacSupMo

Waiting for TV Schedule

TV Guide won't load - tried all the restarts and reboots - Sky Q and broadband. Left an hour, still no change. 

Anyone a foolproof solution? 

This message was authored by Becky53 This message was authored by: Becky53

All my sky q boxes are doing the same 

I go to TV guide it comes up with "waiting for TV schedule...." but nothing happens have switched sky box off and unplugged it also and still nothing now getting frustrated as its been like this over 24hrs now, 

Any advice with this much appreciated 

This message was authored by Invisiblename This message was authored by: Invisiblename

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

I'm not 100% certain of this, but I think the EPG data gets to the Sky box via the internet, so it might be worth restarting your router.

I am just another Sky customer!
This message was authored by Ray+Keenan This message was authored by: Ray+Keenan

And yet again... third day on the trot 'waiting for tv schedule' from 7pm next Tuesday across all channels (yesterday only a few channels updated, tonight none at all) 

Fed up now. An explanation as to why this keeps happening would be really appreciated about now 🙄

This message was authored by MacSupMo This message was authored by: MacSupMo

Re: Waiting for TV Schedule

Spoke with Sky, process to correct was:- 

Take the card out, wipe it and blow in the slot 

Check software up to date 

Sky send something "down the line" 

Turn off at mains (main box) 

Restart 

Give it a minute 

It runs fine 

Called at night, 40mins and they hung up, called this morning and resolved inside 25mins 

This message was authored by Maca5631 This message was authored by: Maca5631

Happening weekly.

Have just restarted my box- and still 'Waiting for TV schedule...'

Pathetic, non-responsive service from Sky.

Have been a subscriber for in excess of 25 years, and honestly can't wait until my contract expires in January '24.

Taking the paying public for mugs.

This message was authored by Invisiblename This message was authored by: Invisiblename

@Maca5631  Have you tried my suggestion a few posts above yours?

This message was authored by ProximusAl This message was authored by: ProximusAl

With all due respect, your suggestion is not helpful.

There are way too many customers experiencing this issue for it to be a local router problem, and besides, with me my router is rebooted a lot.

This is a SKY problem, and they need to acknowledge that.

@ProximusAl wrote:

With all due respect, your suggestion is not helpful.

There are way too many customers experiencing this issue for it to be a local router problem, and besides, with me my router is rebooted a lot.

This is a SKY problem, and they need to acknowledge that.

Ok, was just a thought. 

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

What broadband provider and speed etc are you on for those that are getting this problem on a regular basis?

Also, what eco mode setting does your main box have, eco, active or none.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.

I'm on Virgin Media Gig1, using OPNSense as my router/firewall.

This message was authored by Welshwelsh This message was authored by: Welshwelsh

Never had this issue untill i fixed another., and it's driving me nuts.

So i had the "can't find the skyq box" on both my mini boxes for about a year and the only non wired connection i had was my router to the main q box. Decided to run a cat7 cable from the router to my main q box. This fixed the initial issue but now for some reason i'm getting the TV schedule issue maybe once every week. 

My box updated the EPG really late last night so I didn't have to reboot it this time.

I'm with BT, full fibre, Smart Hub 2 with excellent speeds and have been for years without any major issues. Sometimes the router and the Q box 'fall out' and I have to reconnect it to get it operational again but so far that's happened very rarely. 

After being advised to by another customer here, my main and two mini boxes are now set to 'eco' and have been for a few months now. I have the latest software. 

I've had issues with the EPG going back years but they were intermittent- I'd maybe have to reboot the box twice a year maybe? Since last November (which coincided with other customers having issues with non stacking and blank tiles) it has got progressively worse, to the point that currently I'm rebooting my box once or twice a week. It sometimes settles but I'm lucky I'll get past ten days without a box reboot.

All the solutions offered are proving to be temporary and no one seems interested in why this is happening, what could be causing it to happen to some boxes but not all, the same as how the non stacking/blank tiles affect some and not all customers. Could it be a meta data issue that's affecting some customers with EPG issues and others with non stacking, blank tiles issues? I have no idea but something is obviously going on. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion