Discussion topic: Waiting for TV Schedule not loading

This message was authored by Tom+O+Rourke This message was authored by: Tom+O+Rourke

Waiting for TV Schedule not loading

on Start up the Notification Waiting For TV Schedule appears on screen but will not load up

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Re: Waiting for TV Schedule not loading

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Tom+O+Rourke wrote:

on Start up the Notification Waiting For TV Schedule appears on screen but will not load up

Hi @Tom+O+Rourke 

Try rebooting your Q box.

To reboot press Standby on your Sky Q remote (if the box responds to the remote), and then switch off and unplug at the mains.
Wait at least 30 secs and then Plug back in and switch your Sky Q box back on at the mains.
Wait for the on screen instructions to disappear and the front led to turn Amber. Then wait for 30 secs before you press Home on your Sky Q remote or if this is not working press the standby button on the front of the Q box (Amber led)

note: some features may take up to 5 minutes to return.

This message was authored by Deco76 This message was authored by: Deco76

Constantly have issues with TV schedule and think it's about time SKY sorted this or at least give us a way to reboot box without having to search around back to unplug from mains.

This message was authored by Ray+Keenan This message was authored by: Ray+Keenan

I'm currently having issues with the EPG namely that it's not populating to pick up next week's series links. I have series links for 'Coroner' on Sky Witness and '24 Hours in Police Custody' on Channel 4 and neither series link has picked up and checking the EPG for next Monday every single channel has 'awaiting tv schedule' so the series links can't pick up. 

It has been an intermittent issue for several months now. I've also had occasional issues where returning series links would appear under the 'scheduled recordings' page with the date, channel and time but a blank space where the name of the tv show should be and a blank space in the corresponding EPG/channel. A reboot would solve the issue for a short while and then reoccur. 

The EPG not populating has become worse over the past week. Tonight will be the fourth or fifth time in the last seven days where I'll have to reboot the SKY Q box to get the EPG to populate and the series links to be picked up again and I'm fully expecting to do it again tomorrow. It's getting beyond a joke now. 

I have the settings as 'active' as I have a shift worker in the family who watches recordings in the middle of the night some weeks. Software is up to date. 

Anyone else having these kind of issues this week and have an idea on why this is happening? I can't be rebooting the box every single day to get it to work properly!! 

This message was authored by Klo30 This message was authored by: Klo30

I have rebooted the the box many times switched off at the mains still having the same issue. 
'waiting for Tv schedule'

This has been going on for a few days now. 

This message was authored by g30ff This message was authored by: g30ff

Exactly the same issue here. "Waiting for TV schedule". Anyone found a fix yet? Tried rebooting several times to no avail. Sky should be fixing this. 

This message was authored by Billthebird This message was authored by: Billthebird

Same problem as everyone else won't load tv schedule and I've tried everything 

This message was authored by edwardblack This message was authored by: edwardblack

I have also had this issue for several days. Have tried rebooting and other obvious fixes.  Based on searching through GOOGLE, this seems to be a common problem but there does not seem to be a solution.

This message was authored by robg-tyni This message was authored by: robg-tyni

I've followed the instructions regarding rebooting etc and still no picture just the same message Witing for TV Schedule.

This message was authored by edwardblack This message was authored by: edwardblack

I contacted @SkyHelpTeam through Twitter. Liam directed me to https://www.sky.com/help/articles/no-tv-guide-info-on-sky-q-box The combination of software update and setting the SkyQ box stabdy status to ECO did the trick.

This message was authored by SpondonNick This message was authored by: SpondonNick

Are Sky actually looking at doing a further update to Q boxes as this issue has obviously been caused by the last update. Some acknowledgement from them that it is being looked at would be good as it obviously isn't an isolated issue and I'm sick of resetting my Q box.

By the way, if you can't be bothered unplugging your box to restart it, if you press 'Home' then gonto settings/ set up/ preferences and alter the number of recordings from 5 to 6 or vice versa, your box will restart to complete the change, saves pulling the plug out!

This message was authored by robg-tyni This message was authored by: robg-tyni

It's sorted itself after 24 hours 

Re

"Are Sky actually looking at doing a further update to Q boxes"

The latest software update fixed this problem for me. Waking 24 hours did not. 

This message was authored by SpondonNick This message was authored by: SpondonNick

Mine says it's on the latest software now and today was maybe the 5th time it's happened in the last 2 weeks 

This message was authored by Ray+Keenan This message was authored by: Ray+Keenan

Well for a week after my previous post, everything was working perfectly- the EPG was populating and my series links were being picked up so I thought that perhaps the issue for me had been resolved at least for now but no such luck- tonight an episode of a show I have on series link hasn't picked up it's series link for next week and from 6pm next Tuesday every single channel on the EPG is once again "awaiting tv schedule" 

As I've said before, I can't change the settings to 'Eco' as I have someone in the family who is a shift worker who sometimes watches Sky programmes in the wee small hours.  The box software is up to date which means that later on I'll have to reboot the main box *yet again* to get the blasted EPG to repopulate (and therefore it'll pick up those missing series links or I'll have to reset them)

This is getting extremely tiresome and I won't know whether it'll do the trick for however long or I'll have to go through the same old rigmarole tomorrow. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion