Discussion topic: Waiting for TV Schedule not loading

This message was authored by edwardblack This message was authored by: edwardblack

Re: Waiting for TV Schedule not loading

Re "I can't change the settings to 'Eco' as I have someone in ..." unless I'm missing something that should not stop you changing the setting to ECO. S/he can simply switch on the Syy box if ECO has turned it off. The EVO setting may be the missing ingredient which will fix your problem !!

This message was authored by Ray+Keenan This message was authored by: Ray+Keenan

Fair enough, I've changed it over to 'eco' and will reboot and see if that changes anything. 

This message was authored by Ray+Keenan This message was authored by: Ray+Keenan

Well....

I changed the settings to 'eco' as i said in my earlier post and the EPG began populating correctly.

However it failed to pick up any scheduled recordings on series link so i had to go into the EPG to reset.

So...when i realised this was happening regularly, i made a note of all the scheduled recordings i have on my planner, then deleted them, shut down and rebooted the box and once everything was connected etc, i re-added the scheduled programmes and everything for the past few days has been working as it should: EPG populating correctly and series links being picked up.

Until tonight. I realised an episode of 'Top Gear' scheduled for next Sunday on BBC1 at 8pm hasn't picked up. So i go into the EPG to reset it and...you guessed it. 'waiting for tv schedule' on every single channel from 6pm next Sunday evening. 

Which means i have to reboot the box AGAIN until the next time the series links don't pick up and i'm 'waiting for tv schedule' It is getting beyond annoying now. This happening once in a couple of months or so is tiresome but when it's happening at least once or twice a WEEK is annoying. Sure a reboot tends to solve the problem but it's currently temporary and i have no idea why this is happening. The box is five years old (almost exactly) but i really hoped that changing the settings to 'eco' would solve this problem but nope, back to square one it would seem.

Would like at least a week (ideally even longer) to pass before having to deal with this but for the past couple of months it's been slowly getting worse. 

This message was authored by robg-tyni This message was authored by: robg-tyni

Have tried everything that sky and super users have suggested and nothing seems to work for more than a couple of days.  It's then back to the same messages and having to reboot all sky devices.  I've now booked an engineer visit so hopefully it will get sorted but I'm not holding my breath on that one.  

This message was authored by Emma2022bf This message was authored by: Emma2022bf

I'm constantly having issues too. Paying nearly 90 euro per month for no TV is absolutely ridiculous and its impossible to reach anyone to talk to. The kids and I just missed the world Cup final over it 😡 I've followed all the instructions over and over trying to get it to work. 

This message was authored by Jo5 This message was authored by: Jo5

I have re booted , switched on /off, checked most current software for last 3/4 days still get this message. Seems to be a recurring problem anybody got an official response from SKY re a formal fix? 
thanks 

This message was authored by Sharsean This message was authored by: Sharsean

Re: Waiting for TV Schedule not loading tried rebooting tried reset 001, still not working

Tryed 001 tryed  reset been like this since 23/12/2022 

This message was authored by Gooner75 This message was authored by: Gooner75

It's actually because the Power Lead is Faulty -- the actual Connection, into the Sky Q box.  FACT. You can only get the Whole powet lead for £40 on eBay. But still a chance it's faulty. 

This message was authored by Darren+Talbot This message was authored by: Darren+Talbot

This is now a daily issue for us. 

We're also having live pause failures at the same time. 

It's unbelievable how many issues these boxes have, it's really time for new hardware sky! 

This message was authored by Emma2022bf This message was authored by: Emma2022bf

A sky engineer finally called (booked through the sky app) and fixed this issue. He didn't explain what happened but the issue was fixed from the outside..so im guessing the dish or wiring. He also gave me a new remote. It didn't cost me anything. Hope this helps. 

This issue has reared it's ugly heed for me yet again. 🙄

Yesterday evening I had  'awaiting tv schedule' on every channel for next Tuesday from noon onwards which meant my series links didn't set for next Tuesday.  Since I changed the setting from 'none' to 'eco' the EPG would eventually update a short while later without the need to reboot. 

Last night I had to reboot the box for the first time in a month to get the EPG to populate so I could reset the series link (it never seems to automatically appear when this happens, I have to physically reset it) 

Usually this sorts out the issue for a while until it inevitably crops up again (I have been having issues with this for many months)

Just went to check the EPG again for next Wednesday and guess what message I'm getting across every single channel from 8am onwards? Yep 'awaiting tv schedule' yet again.

This is getting very old now. Maybe it'll update itself later but I'm thinking another box reboot will be in my future 🙄 

This message was authored by g30ff This message was authored by: g30ff

Rebooting the sky fibre router fixed the problem for me. 

I'm not with Sky Broadband however I've rebooted the Q box and my BT Hub threw a hissy fit and wouldn't connect to the box so rebooted that too. What would usually take me five minutes to do, took half an hour after rebooting the Q box three times, the internet hub once and my son's mini box twice and everything is back including the EPG currently up to date. I'm hoping it will sort out the issue for the moment but I'm not going to hold my breath. 

Day three of a box reboot looking very likely as I have no tv listings available on the EPG from 6pm next Thursday. 

What on Earth is causing this, as it's gone back to being as bad as when o first reported this problem. 

I have the latest software.

my settings are on 'eco'

I've rebooted the box and my internet hub (yesterday for my internet hub and there is no problem with that anyway) countless times.

I haven't done the hidden settings as it looks like it hasn't worked for other people with the problem. 
The box is five years old and apart from this annoying EPG glitch, works absolutely fine in every other way (buttons works fine in the remote, no issues with downloading or accessing the apps I use etc)

Is it a software issue, a hardware thing, an annoying glitch because no solution that does work seems to have been found except for rebooting the box AGAIN which at the moment only resolved the issue for 24 hours and it happens again. 

we pay a lot of money a month for this and for what if parts of it aren't working properly? I'm beyond fed up now. 

This message was authored by Jo5 This message was authored by: Jo5

Given the recurring nature of the problem  and number of people apparently  impacted I suspect this needs a Sky software fix.

Im minded to "upgrade " to SKY Streaming - anybody had the problem with the newer Sky Streaming service please?

thankyou.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion