Discussion topic: Tv package

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

Re: Tv package

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

The picture quality at 4.99 isn't good enough for me so it's UHD and an extra screen or two that drives that rather than content but I appreciate that might not matter to everyone.

I think that declaring Sky are doing everything wrong in pricing needs more concrete data. Which only appears in quarterly and annual reports. Your perception that everyone is bailing because they want cheaper prices and/or a menu of choices that doesn't mandate a base package;

1. isn't supported by their Q4 earnings call which stated international subs revenue primarily from Sky Sports was up 17% YoY.

2. probably isn't viable with the enormous fixed costs of satellite broadcasting compared to streaming

if we do see a big change in business model, I suspect it'll be driven by either the sunsetting of satellite or the further collapse of the UK economy which I'm sure none of us want.

This message was authored by Tomizander This message was authored by: Tomizander

Re: Tv package

Hi Rob, so did you cancel your sky tv midway through the contract.  I heard they don't allow you to do that. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion