Discussion topic: Had problems with old Sky Q Box, thought they were fixed with replacement box....

This message was authored by JWallace1 This message was authored by: JWallace1

Had problems with old Sky Q Box, thought they were fixed with replacement box....

I had a sky q box for a round 3-4 years. During this time I had problems with around 60 channels displaying "there is a problem with the satellite signal". I thought this was down to the signal to my block of flats as we have a communal satellite. The opportunity came the other day to ask for a replacement box which I gladly took up the option and then hay presto, every channel was working again perfectly, with no hint of a bad satellite signal, no picture break up of any sort.

I had no problems for about 3 days (received on Monday) and by Thursday the problem has now come back on the new sky q box. There was no signal break up, just went instantly to a problem with satellite signal. I know this isn't the case as when I turn it off at the wall, let it cool down and then put it back up again, all 60 channels are back working again. I can only assume that the box is getting too hot and the only way the channels can work is if the box has a chance to cool down,  but of course this is very impractical. Is there any other solutions to the problem?

(As a potential bodge, I put the box on a laptop cooling pad and powered using the USB into the box which does provide some cooling airflow, but the problem reoccurs and the only fix is to turn off at the wall, and back on again)

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion