Discussion topic: Tv package

This message was authored by Yid1234 This message was authored by: Yid1234

Tv package

My sky signature is in contract June 2024 am not going to renew what happens when I do this 

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Tv package

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Yid1234 

Your discounts will be ending in June. You have to physically cancel the subscription if you want to leave.

So, in May, to cancel all your TV subscription, if you’re out of contract you’ll need to give Sky the required 31 days notice. The latest T’s and C’s explicitly state you can’t cancel when still in a minimum term deal unless Sky agree. If they agree you’ll have to pay the remainder of your discounted term.

Select ‘Need more help’ at the bottom of the following link which will lead to contact details.
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/cancel-sky-tv#contact-leave
(Make sure the flag in the bottom right corner is the correct one ie; UK or ROI).
UK customer ~ The link may include an email link and also a Message Us option (which is normally available between 9am and 7.30pm).
ROI customer ~ it’s only by calling Sky Ireland or writing in.

Return packaging will be sent out near the end of your notice period. Obtain proof of posting and keep it safe and indefinitely.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Rob11 This message was authored by: Rob11

I cancelled SKY last year after they raised their charges.  I now have freeview's free channels plus ITVx which is free, but I pay for Premium at £5.99pm, I stayed with Netflix cheapie at £4.99 and I then discovered F1 TV at £2.49pm....yes £2.49 pm to watch live race weekends and you can cancel anytime...

my total monthly is now £13.47pm.  I have had five communications from SKY asking me to come back at a super deal.....you have to laugh because they think SKY TV plus SKY Sports is a good deal at £40pm and they can raise their price half way through the contract,  well SKY, you are no longer a good deal on any TV packages, you are way too expensive.

I would advise all of you comng to the end of a contract to shop around, I have not mssed SKY at all and I am saving £500 a year.

Yid1234
Topic Author
This message was authored by Yid1234 This message was authored by: Yid1234

I am going to do the same sick to death of them given price increases 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Yid1234 

Annual price increases are just that… annually in April in the UK.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by F1Jon97 This message was authored by: F1Jon97

@Rob11 Hi.  F1TV at £2.49 per month is for F1 TV Access.  That gives you a race archive and access to some additional shows.  It doesnt give you full races for the current year or the ability to watch live.  That is only available with an F1TV Pro subscription which is not available in the UK due to Sky's exclusivity.

F1TV do give us some nice 10 min (ish) Free Practice highlights for each weekend which save's a lot of time.  If you combine that with Channel 4's extended highlights thats a pretty good way to watch F1 at a very reasonable price.  What I found frustrating with that is that Channel 4 combine qualifying, sprint qualifying and the sprint into one show when its a sprint weekend so you really miss out on a lot of the action.  Also some of the edits miss important things like pit stops from the top 5 so its easy to lose track of whats happening.

I've tried a lot of different ways of watching including the one above.  I've also tried Sky Glass, Sky Stream and Now and they all have their problems:

- Now has no ability to pause on my apple tv and catchup is only in 720 and takes in some cases days before its available

- Sky Glass and Stream had buffering issues when watching live and cloud recording can be hit and miss by either not being there or needing a reboot to get it to show in playlist, or missing the end of a delayed race

I've even tried F1TV pro via VPN and while that may work for a while they will eventually find you out and cut you off.  They even made the UK app on apple's app store specifically only to work with F1TV Access and not F1TV Pro so no chance now unless you have an apple id for another country with Pro.

I think Sky Q really is the best way to watch F1 and there is always Sky Go as a backup if the thunderstorms come when the race is on.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Rob11 

As @F1Jon97 indicates, part of the Sky contract with Liberty Media for F1 rights is that F1 TV Pro (live streaming video race coverage) is not made available to UK IP addresses: that's typically the same in every country where there's an exclusive 'race partner'.  If this wasn't the case it's extremely unlikely that a television company would pay anything like the current amount for broadcast rights (about £200 million a season for Sky)

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by cuke This message was authored by: cuke

Where else on tv can you watch live testing from start to finish live, without adverts and in HDR? Sky's F1 coverage is the best I've experienced since the BBC dropped it.

Happily pay the extra....

@Superuser...Well if SKY wish to sue me, great I will be quaking in my boots.  It's unaffordable for so many people and go n to Trustpilot and see how many are ditching SKY for their prices and appalling customer service.

Whatever you and the SKY lovers may think, you are paying more per month than a new customer get from them, that should be outlawed,  it's ridiculous what they charge, same with the BBC now more expensive than Netflix, Prime etc.....SKY act as if they are vital service, you may think they are but I and thousands of others have said goodbye to SKY and are richer for it!!

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

Where did I say the price was ok? I don't pay it myself because I think it's too expensive just to watch Max win again. It's a good product though, with the coverage and quality especially with HDR. But a Premium product, not a social good. If it's too expensive for too many then the price will come down through market forces. If enough can afford it and pay then it won't.

How would Sky sue you? You have no contract with them.

@Chodley .....How would Sky sue you? You have no contract with them.

Correct and I was being ironic,  SKY are too expensive for me,  so I have ditched them and after four months have not missed them at all.  One bone of contention I and many others have,  why should a customer be forced to buy their mediocre entertainment package so they can watch sport....TV is changing all round,  BBC losing a fortune on their forced tax, SKY losing thousands of customers as contracts end,  ITVx doing ok and FREVIEW are getting more eyeballs, SKY poor souls just got too greedy.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Rob11 wrote:

TV is changing all round,  BBC losing a fortune on their forced tax, SKY losing thousands of customers as contracts end,  ITVx doing ok and FREVIEW are getting more eyeballs

Freeview is, of course, not 'free' when used to consume BBC content: its broadcast operation is paid for from a combination of the Licence Fee and PSB advertising revenue

As for ITV(X)  https://www.itv.com/news/2023-03-02/itv-faces-challenging-ad-outlook-as-annual-profits-fall 

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

(Removed)  So FREEVIEW isn't free, because it has the BBC on it.  Sure, it has the BBC on it,  unfortunately all UK tv's and freeview are almost obliged to have it.  However nobody sends money to FREEVIEW, most TV sets have the BBC on them as standard, but nobody sends money to them.

(Removed)

Moderator note: Remotes inappropriate comment

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

@Rob11 wrote:

@Chodley.....How would Sky sue you? You have no contract with them.

Correct and I was being ironic,  SKY are too expensive for me,  so I have ditched them and after four months have not missed them at all.  One bone of contention I and many others have,  why should a customer be forced to buy their mediocre entertainment package so they can watch sport....TV is changing all round,  BBC losing a fortune on their forced tax, SKY losing thousands of customers as contracts end,  ITVx doing ok and FREVIEW are getting more eyeballs, SKY poor souls just got too greedy.

Not sure that was irony. You were telling me that it doesn't matter if you use a VPN to use a cheap service that was never intended to be sold in the UK market because you'll never face any consequences. Which is true until the providers of that service are incented to block it which may be never.

I know Sky is expensive. That's why I choose to only buy certain things from them even though I can afford it but I'd rather use my money on something else. I don't then say "because I can do this illegal thing more cheaply" because it's not a valid price comparison.

Also not sure how the license fee is supposed to be more expenisve than Netflix, Disney and Prime. I pay Netflix alone £216 a year.

@Chodley...what is your point? I pay Netflix £4.99 pm and I get what I believe good value.  So you pay premium and I would think watch a lot of TV considering your SKY subs.  Don't you think that SKY should

allow monthly subs and do a Netflix, I mean I pay £4.99 and you pay £17.99 so that's pretty good that Netflix have tiers to what they offer.  I am happy with the basics you want the ful monty...It is great that you have all these channels to watch. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion