Discussion topic: TV point moved

This message was authored by DanielleVic This message was authored by: DanielleVic

TV point moved

Hi, we had our TV point moved for our Sky Q box. The new point isn't working with the Sky Q box. We have an error message saying no satellite signal received. I think the electrician has used the wrong cables to extend the existing cables. What cables should be used to extend? 

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: TV point moved

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@DanielleVic  It may be best to post photos of the extension as depending on what they have done the new cables may not even be connected to the dish.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

DanielleVic
Topic Author
This message was authored by DanielleVic This message was authored by: DanielleVic

These are the new cables that have been installed. These have been extended from the original cables. They were labelled as satellite cables in the package 

IMG_20230507_152757.jpg

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@DanielleVic  If they connected to the existing cables is there a photo of the joint they made?  It's possible the inner or outer cable are touching.

Before they left did they check to make sure it was working?  If not i'd be asking them back to sort the extension connection out.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by bob1234 This message was authored by: bob1234

@DanielleVicIf it was an electrician he may not have had a clue how to extend sattelite cables unless the correct connectors are used to join the cables it will just not work.

Post a photo of the joint between the old and new and we may be able to help however these are the connectors that should have been used.

It will take a while for the photo to show as it needs approving first.

bob1234_0-1683472288085.jpeg

This message was authored by Godfrey This message was authored by: Godfrey

@DanielleVic   This is what a correctly terminated F connector should resemble, note the length of the extended inner conductor should only be around 2 mm, your photograph suggests that your electrician has left the inner conductor a bit too long.

F type connector.jpg

Godfrey.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion