Discussion topic: Sound problem

This message was authored by marylu This message was authored by: marylu

Sound problem

I have no sound on my Sky q, not the tv as I have sound on normal tv. Done all the usual things suggested and no luck. There is sound om my mini box upstairs so I brought it down & connected to my tv - no sound! Any ideas? Thank you

Best Answers
This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99 Answer

Re: Sound problem

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

hi @marylu 

Even though you have sound on normal TV please can I suggest you do a power down restart of your TV (i.e. switch off at mains or unplug)

We sometimes find this does cure the problem for some people reporting loss of sound from SKY

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99 Answer

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

hi @marylu 

Even though you have sound on normal TV please can I suggest you do a power down restart of your TV (i.e. switch off at mains or unplug)

We sometimes find this does cure the problem for some people reporting loss of sound from SKY

marylu
Topic Author
This message was authored by marylu This message was authored by: marylu

OMG thank you so much this worked, 2 days of tearing my hair out solved in a minute.

This message was authored by Mittu190 This message was authored by: Mittu190

My sound doesn't work and I have powered the receiver down and still nothing. I have sound from YouTube.

I lose sound once every two weeks. 

This message was authored by Jimmy+Hoffa This message was authored by: Jimmy+Hoffa

I have the same problem. I have tried all of the suggestions. I have reset sky q box, unplugged both TV and sky box, I changed the hdmi cable and switched the hdmi connection to the TV. I have even done a factory reset of the sky q box. Still sound from another type of box works fine and nothing from sky TV Channels nor recordings. No sound from apps (Netflix) via sky. Any ideas before we consider asking for a change of sky q box?

This message was authored by Mittu190 This message was authored by: Mittu190

Mine was resolved I had to go into settings and update the software, problem solved.

This message was authored by Jimmy+Hoffa This message was authored by: Jimmy+Hoffa

STOP PRESS.. I've just repeated everything I've already done and this time one of the actions has worked. No idea which! 

This message was authored by OwenR This message was authored by: OwenR

Still no sound after unplugging sky q and tv

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion