Discussion topic: Slow Downloads & Lag on Changing Channels

This message was authored by johnhunter23 This message was authored by: johnhunter23

Slow Downloads & Lag on Changing Channels

Hi,

I have had a new Sky Q box installed after some issues and that along with my 3 minis seemed to all be working fine.

however, I have noticed a couple of issues:

1/ when I try to download anything from on demand or sky cinema (on main box or minis) it goes very very slow! Most of time time it eventually loads to 1% and seems to take an age to go anywhere else (speed is c250Mbps and no issues on other devices with speed) - I have seen a thread about changing the DNS which I have tried and while it seems to improve things slightly, the speeds still slow - any other ideas/suggestions on how to fix this issue?

2/ when I change channels, there seems to be a few second lag where I get a black screen followed by a freeze frame before everything seems to catch up - anyone got this or know how to solve it?

Thanks all,

John

Best Answers
This message was authored by Quoman7 This message was authored by: Quoman7 Answer

Re: Slow Downloads & Lag on Changing Channels

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@johnhunter23 wrote:

Hi,

I have had a new Sky Q box installed after some issues and that along with my 3 minis seemed to all be working fine.

1/ when I try to download anything from on demand or sky cinema (on main box or minis) it goes very very slow! Most of time time it eventually loads to 1% and seems to take an age to go anywhere else (speed is c250Mbps and no issues on other devices with speed) - I have seen a thread about changing the DNS which I have tried and while it seems to improve things slightly, the speeds still slow - any other ideas/suggestions on how to fix this issue?

2/ when I change channels, there seems to be a few second lag where I get a black screen followed by a freeze frame before everything seems to catch up - anyone got this or know how to solve it?

Thanks all,

John

Hi @johnhunter23 Try rebooting your router by removing the power cable for 30 sec then reconnect to reboot, then reboot your main SKYQ box by turning the power off at the socket for 30 sec then turn back on to reboot, do the same with any Mini boxes?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I used to have superpowers… But a therapist took them away.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Quoman7 This message was authored by: Quoman7 Answer

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@johnhunter23 wrote:

Hi,

Thanks all,

John

Hi @johnhunter23 Try rebooting your router by removing the power cable for 30 sec then reconnect to reboot, then reboot your main SKYQ box by turning the power off at the socket for 30 sec then turn back on to reboot, do the same with any Mini boxes?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I used to have superpowers… But a therapist took them away.
johnhunter23
Topic Author
This message was authored by johnhunter23 This message was authored by: johnhunter23

Thank you - that seems to have done the job but I do seem to be having some speed issues with Apps (Netflix etc) - any ideas?

Those same apps work fine on other devices

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion