Discussion topic: Sky remote volume button is turning box off.

This message was authored by Pegsy73 This message was authored by: Pegsy73

Re: Sky remote volume button is turning box off.

I have the same problem. I've replaced (at my own expense) the remote control and re-paired the device several times with no change. Problem happens intermittently on terrestrial channels usually when the programme has been paused. Since the Sky Q box is turned off, everything that was 'saved' through the pause action is then lost. 
I believe the problem to be the Sky Q Box.

Please advise next steps 
Thanks 

This message was authored by Murie This message was authored by: Murie

This seems to have stopped it for me, at least it's not happened since implementing

the above

DaleGreen
Topic Author
This message was authored by DaleGreen This message was authored by: DaleGreen

I forgot all about this, so the above seems to have fixed it for me also. 🙂

This message was authored by Pegsy73 This message was authored by: Pegsy73

I didn't have the chance to do as advised but implemented the recommended fix. I lost the ability to change the volume on my Sky remote so had to use the volume button on my Toshiba remote. However....  live pause fails if you press the Play button and then adjust the volume, losing everything that was paused as you go back to the TV Guide.  If you adjust the volume after playing something recorded, it also goes back to the Tv Guide. I appreciate that this is a First World problem but it is still frustrating and a recent change to my functionality. I've reset the brand new Sky remote multiple times....

Ideas welcome 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion