Discussion topic: Sky q and sky mini box are connected by ethernet cable.

This message was authored by Hargy224 This message was authored by: Hargy224

Sky q and sky mini box are connected by ethernet cable.

Hi can some help. Sky engineer came Thursday and ethernet Sky q and sky mini boxes together as distance is to far due to extension house to communicate via wifi. Worked perfectly fine on Thursday and Friday. Then the sky mini has lost its connection to sky q box via ethernet. Tried repairing but won't connect again.

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Re: Sky q and sky mini box are connected by ethernet cable.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Hargy224 wrote:

Hi can some help. Sky engineer came Thursday and ethernet Sky q and sky mini boxes together as distance is to far due to extension house to communicate via wifi. Worked perfectly fine on Thursday and Friday. Then the sky mini has lost its connection to sky q box via ethernet. Tried repairing but won't connect again.

Hi @Hargy224 

Try a Network Reset found in mini box Home - Settings - Setup - Network.
Highlight Status and then select Reset on the right hand side.   Do not carry out any WPS and wait to see if the mini will reconnect to the main Q box

Hargy224
Topic Author
This message was authored by Hargy224 This message was authored by: Hargy224

Hi @oldfella 

I've tried this numerous times without using the wps button, and i get unsuccessful connection.

Do you have another nearby sky q product in ur home that you can try connect to?

Error MR001

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Hargy224 wrote:

Hi @oldfella 

I've tried this numerous times without using the wps button, and i get unsuccessful connection.

Do you have another nearby sky q product in ur home that you can try connect to?

Error MR001

Hi @Hargy224 

Looks like it could be an issue with the Ethernet cable.

No reason why it shouldn't connect by Ethernet if the cable is fully wired and not faulty

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion