Discussion topic: Sky Q software update

This message was authored by RJ03 This message was authored by: RJ03

Sky Q software update

I have updated sky Q main box software to Q270.000.10.02L(5u193hm) and tried installing it in standby but in settings -system info- software setup, it is still saying to update this box with latest software. Is this not the latest software? Do i need to update sky Q mini box as well?

All Replies

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

Re: Sky Q software update

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@RJ03 wrote:

I have updated sky Q main box software to Q270.000.10.02L(5u193hm) and tried installing it in standby but in settings -system info- software setup, it is still saying to update this box with latest software. Is this not the latest software? Do i need to update sky Q mini box as well?

hi @RJ03 

Unfortunately SKY's message is confusing - it always says update to the latest software (or something like that) even when you already have it

Q270 is the latest so no need to try again

RJ03
Topic Author

Thank you so much for your prompt response. Still some channels are pixelating, not clear picture. Problem is somewhere else then, i giess will have to call sky

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@RJ03 wrote:

Thank you so much for your prompt response. Still some channels are pixelating, not clear picture. Problem is somewhere else then, i giess will have to call sky

@RJ03 

Please see the following page that covers a few problems including pxellation - if you follow the link through and still have problems then you should find a link to book an engineer if you have your own dish

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-tv-no-satellite-signal-sky-q

If you have a communal system you may have to contact your building management to deal with the technicians responsible for the system  

RJ03
Topic Author

Thanks for your help

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion