Discussion topic: Sky Q remote will not power off Sharp tv

This message was authored by pelham+temple This message was authored by: pelham+temple

Sky Q remote will not power off Sharp tv

Hi.

I cannot get my Sky Q remote to power off my Sharp 40fd tv. I have tried suggestions from previous posts etc. I have held the button down for 3 secs etc etc. I have checked the hdmi settings etc etc. When I hold the sky button it turns on fine and goes straight to Sky home but it will not power off the tv on leaving. Any help please?

Best Answers
pelham+temple
Topic Author
This message was authored by pelham+temple This message was authored by: pelham+temple Answer

Re: Sky Q remote will not power off Sharp tv

Sorted it. I removed the optical input into the sonos Arc and reset the remote. The remote changed the tv on no. 3 of 11 this time. I plugged the optical back into the Arc and voila! it works perfectly. Thanks for your input and help. just needed to think a bit deeper about it!.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@pelham+temple wrote:

Hi.

I cannot get my Sky Q remote to power off my Sharp 40fd tv. I have tried suggestions from previous posts etc. I have held the button down for 3 secs etc etc. I have checked the hdmi settings etc etc. When I hold the sky button it turns on fine and goes straight to Sky home but it will not power off the tv on leaving. Any help please?

@pelham+temple some Sharp TVs the remote uses RF to control the TV others use IR the Sky remote will only work with TV's that use IR

switching on the TV  will work as the Sky box will send a signal up the HDMI cable to turn it on but turning it off will not work if the TV uses RF can you change the sound on the TV

Also can you give the full model number of your TV

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
pelham+temple
Topic Author
This message was authored by pelham+temple This message was authored by: pelham+temple

SHARP 2T-C40FD7KF1FB

@pelham+temple wrote:

SHARP 2T-C40FD7KF1FB

@pelham+temple looking at the specifications for your tv from the Sharp website your rfemote is IR so the Sky remote can control your TV 

Does the volume work through the Sky remote if it does then did you try any of the other options for sharp TV's when setting up the Q remote might be worthwhile trying some of the other options 

pelham+temple
Topic Author

Yes I did. none of the other options worked the volume except no 11 of 11. the volume works perfectly and the tv will switch on just not off. I have tried 3 different remotes and all the same

pelham+temple
Topic Author
This message was authored by pelham+temple This message was authored by: pelham+temple Answer

Sorted it. I removed the optical input into the sonos Arc and reset the remote. The remote changed the tv on no. 3 of 11 this time. I plugged the optical back into the Arc and voila! it works perfectly. Thanks for your input and help. just needed to think a bit deeper about it!.

@pelham+temple wrote:

@pelham+temple glad you have sorted it i've marked your last reply as the answer in case it helps anyone else

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion