Discussion topic: Sky Q film sound

This message was authored by Ross180 This message was authored by: Ross180

Sky Q film sound

Hi all

I wonder if anyone can help. 

we have Sky Q connect to a Samsung UE65RU7020KXXU tv and the tv is then connected to a Sonos Beam via optical from the tv to optical to hdmi connector into the Beam. There is also 2 Play 1 as surrounds. 

I have noticed some films I download from sky cinema to watch are quiet bordering on unwatchable. The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises are two currents we are watching but the dialogue is so quiet. Barbie on the other hand is very loud and clear whilst st the same selected volume. 

what's going on?

All Replies

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

Re: Sky Q film sound

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Ross180 wrote:

Hi all

I wonder if anyone can help. 

we have Sky Q connect to a Samsung UE65RU7020KXXU tv and the tv is then connected to a Sonos Beam via optical from the tv to optical to hdmi connector into the Beam. There is also 2 Play 1 as surrounds. 

I have noticed some films I download from sky cinema to watch are quiet bordering on unwatchable. The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises are two currents we are watching but the dialogue is so quiet. Barbie on the other hand is very loud and clear whilst st the same selected volume. 

what's going on?

hi @Ross180 

Not really sure why you are getting this. 

I have a separate speaker set up so don't always notice the differences that those with Sound bars soemtimes get

Just so I can see how the sound on the Dark knight sounds for me please can you confirm which version HD / UHD /UHD-HDR you have downloaded & also confirm the setting in :

Home - Settings - Setup - Audio Visual
Digital audio output HDMI

Ross180
Topic Author

Thank you.

I always download the HD versions. 

in settings I have both hdmi and optical on Normal as if i select  DD I got terrible lip sync. 

Ross180
Topic Author

Thank you @nigea99 

in settings I have both hdmi and optical on Normal as if i select  DD I got terrible lip sync.

@Ross180 wrote:

Thank you.

Many thanks will possibly try that later.

@Ross180 

Not too sure on this,.

I have done a few minute sample check during the Dark Knight initial  Bank robbery & arrival of Batman

the dalogue does seem slightly subdued but interestingly I notice it slightly more on the  5.1 (DD) mix than on the Normal (2,0) mix - although I must stress my separate  speakers may be able to separate sounds better

Overall ths sound on this film does seem quieter than some

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion