Discussion topic: Sky Q problems

This message was authored by DoogleA This message was authored by: DoogleA

Sky Q problems

So after years of using a Sky HD box with very few issues, I moved to Sky Q earlier this year (removed).

Never have I had as many issues requiring reboots, internet link being dropped (Despite it still being on and no other devices having issues) failed recordings, hardly a week goes by without something going on.

Sky themselves are a bloody joke with their "Support" getting caught in interminable loops leading back to their completely useless "Online help" I did (Once!) Actually get to speak to deal person once and in fairness he did help and was doing his best but, even he was in total agreement with me about the Sky Q set up and support.

to say I'm underwhelmed would be a MASSIVE understatement.

Moderator note: Removed inappropriate language and changed title too for same reason

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Sky Q just utter crap!

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Did the agent arrange an engineer? How was the call left? Quite a few former HD customers find Sky Q hard to adjust to. I moved to Q in 2019 and much prefer Sky Q. You do get used to it. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
DoogleA
Topic Author
This message was authored by DoogleA This message was authored by: DoogleA

No an engineer wasn't sent due to that particular fault being traced to the remote for the mini box, I did have a good moan about the other issues but as these are intermittent, although bloody frustrating an engineer wasn't even mentioned tbh, doesn't get away from the fact that Sky support is basically very poor and they prefer to hide behind the internet using "chat bots" or online "Help" than giving you an easy access number to dial to actually speak to someone about your problems or issues.

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@DoogleA wrote:

No an engineer wasn't sent due to that particular fault being traced to the remote for the mini box, I did have a good moan about the other issues but as these are intermittent, although bloody frustrating an engineer wasn't even mentioned tbh, doesn't get away from the fact that Sky support is basically very poor and they prefer to hide behind the internet using "chat bots" or online "Help" than giving you an easy access number to dial to actually speak to someone about your problems or issues.

Hi @DoogleA 

Sky do easily provide a phone number.

To contact Sky
Select Need more help
at the bottom of the following link and this will lead to a phone contact.
Ignore all automated messages and wait for an agent
https://www.sky.com/help/home

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion