Discussion topic: Sky Q box

This message was authored by Vickibee123 This message was authored by: Vickibee123

Sky Q box

The apps aren't working and it keeps switching off. Then blue screen comes on saying service unavailable . Press home button. Any advice as to what's wrong with it? Thanks. 

Best Answers
This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella Answer

Re: Sky Q box

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Vickibee123 wrote:

The apps aren't working and it keeps switching off. Then blue screen comes on saying service unavailable . Press home button. Any advice as to what's wrong with it? Thanks. 

Hi @Vickibee123 

Try a Reset Settings in the Q box hidden menu.
To enter hidden menu press Home and navigate down to Settings but do not select Settings.
With Settings highlighted press 0 0 1 Select.
Only Carry out the first Reset (Reset Settings) as the other two will wipe all recordings.
After the Reset you will have to re pair your Bluetooth remote If you use one.
If you cannot switch the Q box on with the remote after the Reset press the Standby button (Amber led) on the front of the box.
To re pair the remote press 1 & 3 together on the remote and follow onscreen instructions to re pair.

Make sure that you are pointing the remote at the Q box when you press 1 & 3 together.

Resetting the settings will also reset:

Audio visual settings, such as picture resolution and HDMI control
Settings changed within the hidden engineer menu, include LNB type. If on a communal dish you need to reset the LNB to SCR in the hidden menu. After changing the LNB type you need to reboot the Q box.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella Answer

@Vickibee123 wrote:

Hi @Vickibee123 

Try a Reset Settings in the Q box hidden menu.
To enter hidden menu press Home and navigate down to Settings but do not select Settings.
With Settings highlighted press 0 0 1 Select.
Only Carry out the first Reset (Reset Settings) as the other two will wipe all recordings.
After the Reset you will have to re pair your Bluetooth remote If you use one.
If you cannot switch the Q box on with the remote after the Reset press the Standby button (Amber led) on the front of the box.
To re pair the remote press 1 & 3 together on the remote and follow onscreen instructions to re pair.

Make sure that you are pointing the remote at the Q box when you press 1 & 3 together.

Resetting the settings will also reset:

Audio visual settings, such as picture resolution and HDMI control
Settings changed within the hidden engineer menu, include LNB type. If on a communal dish you need to reset the LNB to SCR in the hidden menu. After changing the LNB type you need to reboot the Q box.

This message was authored by Jmoulding This message was authored by: Jmoulding

Power cycle may do the job too! Check WiFi is connected 

DRX890
DRX895
Vickibee123
Topic Author
This message was authored by Vickibee123 This message was authored by: Vickibee123

Thank you. I'll give them both a bash tomorrow. X

This message was authored by Tanyagulati This message was authored by: Tanyagulati

How can I change the wideband to lnb. My sky box says no signal after I've reset it

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

@Tanyagulati wrote:

How can I change the wideband to lnb. My sky box says no signal after I've reset it

@Tanyagulati you would only need to change th LNB type If on a communal dish you need to reset the LNB to SCR in the hidden menu. After changing the LNB type you need to reboot the Q box.

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion