Discussion topic: Sky Q LG TV connection

This message was authored by Jswicki This message was authored by: Jswicki

Sky Q LG TV connection

I've got a Sky Q box and an LG TV. I switch it on my pressing the home button on the sky remote and it turns on both and goes to the sky Home Screen. If I then switch it off (via power button on the sky remote) and then later in the day try and switch it on again the tv comes on but the sky comes up as "no signal" and we have to reset the box. It's driving me round the bend!!! Please help! 

All Replies

This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Re: Sky Q LG TV connection

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there, I’ve escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this. 

Just look out for the colourful bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147 

This message was authored by COLBY2467 This message was authored by: COLBY2467

I have a similar situation too. Please post the resolution here so I can see it too.

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

We are still looking to help you Jswicki. If you need our support let us know and we can re-escalate to our chat team. Your invite has been closed now. Thanks

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
This message was authored by Stueyw1969 This message was authored by: Stueyw1969

I have the same issue . Could you resolve please?

This message was authored by twilight+princess This message was authored by: twilight+princess

If you quickly press the on/off button does the box turn on? With our LG TV the Sky Q remote doesn't turn this on automatically when the box is turned on, we have to long press the on/off button as above.

Virginia.
Diamond Sky VIP member.
This message was authored by Steve158 This message was authored by: Steve158

I cannot seem to pair my sky Q remote with LG smart tv. I tried setting up, different remote controls but it still doesn't work. The model number of the TV is Oled48c24la. Any ideas?

cheers 

Steve 

This message was authored by ftballman This message was authored by: ftballman

I have seen some of these LG start up messages over the last while and been meaning to offer my own experiences.

I have an LG tv with Q and yes I sometimes get this where it appears the tv doesn't recognise the sky box is on after standby.

However in my case just leaving everything alone for a "while" the sky box appears.

Now by a while I'm not saying anything over about 1 to 2 minutes and maybe not even that long, but it does appear that there is some lag in the tv recognising the sky box is on. Not sure this helps anyone but just thought I would share my experience.

This message was authored by woodhill3054 This message was authored by: woodhill3054

Hi. I have exactly the same problem with my LG OLED48C2LA. It's not listed in the LG models when setting up for the Sky remote to control it. Seems to work sporadically, then switches TV on but does not recognise the Sky box is on, or fails to switch off. Have checked/changed HDMI leads all to no avail. Any Sky folk on here with an answer? Thanks

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion