Discussion topic: Sky Q Apps pixelating

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

Re: Sky Q Apps pixelating

@S26McM wrote:

I'm glad it's not just me experiencing this issue folks as was starting to wonder if it was a dish issue.

i've tried accessing the hidden menu settings 001 select but this hasn't made any difference either.

Over £138 per month and out of contract so might be time to look elsewhere which is hassle I don't really want.

Check out https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/categories/phones-tv and the Sky retention thread as you're paying way over the odds even now.

This message was authored by S26McM This message was authored by: S26McM

Thanks for this mate I'll give it a look but I have BT, Netflix etc so full package.

Also from your other post, I had some pixelation on certain channels due to a tree so assumed it was linked.

Cheers for your info 👍🏻

This message was authored by SimonI This message was authored by: SimonI

Having had another round of App refreshing etc. yesterday I rang Sky again when the issues continued last night.

I spoke to a customer service agent and asked them to look at this thread to demonstrate that it didn't appear to be an isolated issue with just my Sky Apps.

Having checked all the troubleshooting I'd been through, he agreed it looked like a wider issue. He assured me the next step was for him to pass this through to the Business Resilience team. He clearly had taken note of this thread, as he spoke about some of the posts individually that typified the same problems I have been experiencing.

My Sky issues remain unresolved, but being optimistic I hope that they are now going to look into this as a wider customer issue......fingers crossed!

@Daniel-F

@SimonI wrote:

Having had another round of App refreshing etc. yesterday I rang Sky again when the issues continued last night.

I spoke to a customer service agent and asked them to look at this thread to demonstrate that it didn't appear to be an isolated issue with just my Sky Apps.

Having checked all the troubleshooting I'd been through, he agreed it looked like a wider issue. He assured me the next step was for him to pass this through to the Business Resilience team. He clearly had taken note of this thread, as he spoke about some of the posts individually that typified the same problems I have been experiencing.

My Sky issues remain unresolved, but being optimistic I hope that they are now going to look into this as a wider customer issue......fingers crossed!

@Daniel-F

Business Resilience team?

This message was authored by EightLegs This message was authored by: EightLegs

Same as me. Very helpful person on the Helpdesk who could see I had refreshed everything twice.  I also pointed her to this thread. She said she'd pass it up - had to find the appropriate form. Texted me back 10 minutes later to say the engineers were aware and that a fix would be in the next software update.  

Let's see.......

@EightLegs wrote:

Same as me. Very helpful person on the Helpdesk who could see I had refreshed everything twice.  I also pointed her to this thread. She said she'd pass it up - had to find the appropriate form. Texted me back 10 minutes later to say the engineers were aware and that a fix would be in the next software update.  

Let's see.......

They've only just rolled out version 270 so I wouldn't hold your breath on that TBH.

This message was authored by DavidM11366258979 This message was authored by: DavidM11366258979

Similar problem here which I think is a network connection issue. Or more accurately a network connection loss issue. 

Used to be annoying.. it's now completely unworkable. 

@Anonymous wrote:

@JamesB8 wrote:

I've got the same issue - started withNetflixx not loading from apps (had to alternate andloginn to other apps before it would load) and now regularpixelationss across most apps Netflixx, Prime,AppleTVV, Disney and paramount predominately).  Reset TV, Sky Q box and router multiple times to no avail. (Never has any issues with BBCiPlayerr though ??)

Apps work fine direct on smarttvv.

Samsungg TV,HDMII, Sky Q+ Ethernet and100mbb fibrevirginn media.

Netflix not loading and this pixelation issue are not related. Have you tried the fix for Netflix linked in this thread:-

httpss:/helpforumm.sky.comt55/Sky-QNetflixx-Red-Spinning-Circle-on-Launch/m-p/4510468M6200677

I've belatedly had a thought about this.

Can everyone or anyone who has this pixelated Apps issue access Netflix OK (pixelation aside)?

This message was authored by ODW73 This message was authored by: ODW73

Spoke to sky last week and they sent an engineer out. He also is having pixilation issues with various Apps, via Sky Qbox, in particular Amazon Prime.  He said Sky were aware of the issue and that it would be resolved in the next software update. It is anyone's guess as to when that will be rolled out. I have no issues with accessing Netflix. However, the engineer informed me that a few customers are having issues with it loading. He said this was due to Netflix restrictions on sharing passwords. His advice was to sign out of all devices which have Netflix. Then go online on your laptop/tablet. Go to the Netflix.com and sign in to your account. Go to "my Netflix" then to "account" then to "security & privacy" There is new feature called "Manage access and devices" You will then have to assign the devices within your household which use Netflix on your WiFi. As previously mentioned I have no issues with Netflix, so I have not had to do this however, I hope this works for those of you that are having issues with getting it to load. 

@ODW73 wrote:

Spoke to sky last week and they sent an engineer out. He also is having pixilation issues with various Apps, via Sky Qbox, in particular Amazon Prime.  He said Sky were aware of the issue and that it would be resolved in the next software update. It is anyone's guess as to when that will be rolled out. I have no issues with accessing Netflix. However, the engineer informed me that a few customers are having issues with it loading. He said this was due to Netflix restrictions on sharing passwords. His advice was to sign out of all devices which have Netflix. Then go online on your laptop/tablet. Go to the Netflix.com and sign in to your account. Go to "my Netflix" then to "account" then to "security & privacy" There is new feature called "Manage access and devices" You will then have to assign the devices within your household which use Netflix on your WiFi. As previously mentioned I have no issues with Netflix, so I have not had to do this however, I hope this works for those of you that are having issues with getting it to load. 

I'm not sure the Netflix loading issue is due to sharing passwords, also you can't 'assign' any device from the online account via 'manage access and devices'.

You do use that feature however to remove any Sky devices from the account if it's not loading on the Q box. I'd personally use the 'remove all devices' option as it's easy to add other devices back by logging in on the device and playing content. That makes sure you're not hitting a device limit threshold.

This message was authored by davey-lad This message was authored by: davey-lad

I've never had a problem accessing/starting Netflix.  It's not related imo.

If the news about a software fix in the works is correct, thus ruling out hardware, it can only point to a shared software component that all the apps use/rely on.  Perhaps a Codec or renderer .

If you look at the the Software Disclaimer section under Settings > System Info you can see there's a ton of 3rd party libraries used in these boxes. 

This message was authored by ChrisH1991 This message was authored by: ChrisH1991

Happening here too in Ireland, Disney keeps pixating, thougbt it was WIFI issue but hoping it will be sorted soon. 

This message was authored by ChrisH1991 This message was authored by: ChrisH1991

Has there been any updates since? Thank you. 

@ChrisH1991 wrote:

Has there been any updates since? Thank you. 

Your posts were just 1 minute apart so probably not.

Sorry was actually replying to the top message from a sky employee but didn't show that way - thanks 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion