Discussion topic: Sky Q Apps pixelating

This message was authored by JibbaJoy This message was authored by: JibbaJoy

Re: Sky Q Apps pixelating

@JCT9632 wrote:

Well 2 days in with the new box and the problem has returned,  so another call to Sky tomorrow. 

Can you tell us the H/W version of your new box please?

SkyQ [H/W: 32B106] + 3 mini
Samsung 55" Neo QLED UHD TV
Swish Fibre 150 Symetrical
Linksys MX5400 Mesh network
This message was authored by type-r This message was authored by: type-r

@JibbaJoy wrote:

@JCT9632 wrote:

Well 2 days in with the new box and the problem has returned,  so another call to Sky tomorrow. 

Can you tell us the H/W version of your new box please?

Almost certainly v3 with internal power supply (32B206). I'll bet on it.

This message was authored by JCT9632 This message was authored by: JCT9632

Yep 32B206

This message was authored by type-r This message was authored by: type-r

@JCT9632 wrote:

Yep 32B206

I know this is going to be really frustrating but I'd call Sky again and request they resend you another Q box but this time with the external power supply. This is the older v2 which has hardware number starting 32B1. 

I am yet to hear of anyone on here who is experiencing the pixelation with this box. Mine was sorted and been fine for the last 4 weeks for all apps: Disney, Netflix, Prime, Apple etc.

This message was authored by Thondwe This message was authored by: Thondwe

Thought - getting replacement hardware = system reset - e.g. cleared hard disk etc - so slightly faster than an old box with clutter - but after a little while clutter builds up and system slows, and hence streams break up?

Noting that Sky Q boxes have 1/2TB harddisks - would be an interesting (if T's and C's breaking) experiment to replace the hard disk with an SSD!  Are Steam boxes are also HDs?? 

This message was authored by JCT9632 This message was authored by: JCT9632

I actually asked for the box with the external power supply, they said that's what they would send but didn't.  So tomorrow another call to them.

This message was authored by humpty1947 This message was authored by: humpty1947

pixilating

Sky q box pixilating on inbuilt apps netflix itvx  bbc iplayer & others done sky broadband check updated apps posted here before 2 replys which i thank the people for.

I first noticed my issues earlier in the year at 1st put it down to a internet issue but when i tried tv apps all worked perfect.

After reading numerouse other community members suffering same issue some going back to last year the matter still not been sorted i have stayed loyal to sky since there early conception in the 90s.

But i feel the fact that i am paying for a service now in the modern technical era that includes access to apps i expect them to be working.

I feel now that once my contract reaches its conclusion i will need to look at other options.

Unless this issue can be resolved also it would be good if sky would defintly say when Q box will stop  

This message was authored by stevet.uk This message was authored by: stevet.uk

Same issue here with pixelation on streaming apps via Sky (all of them, Netflix, Amazon, Disney). 

Refreshed apps, didn't work.

Hardware version 32B206.

Software version Q270.000.10.02L

Tried updating software - goes through software download but no change to version number so must be latest.

Any updates on an ETA for a fix?

This message was authored by Martyn+S This message was authored by: Martyn+S

I'm still getting bad pixelation 

also when watching recordings back

have sky said about any fixes 

This message was authored by Mattym63 This message was authored by: Mattym63

@stevet.uk I received a new 2TB box on Friday and haven't had any pixelating issues since and I have tried all of the apps.

Also the software version is Q230.000.14.00L (5nf3ptk) hardware version 32B206.

When I had my older 1TB box I tried updating the software but it would stay on Q270.000.10.00L.

This message was authored by JustPaul This message was authored by: JustPaul

24 years with sky and this was the tipping point for me - cancellation is in and everything is set up for life beyond being contracted to a company that doesn't care one jot about its customers.

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Mattym63 wrote:

@Richard+Byron  I would hold off on buying the adapters as this is a actual software issue with the SkyQ boxes and we are waiting on a software update from Sky but they don't even know when that will be ready.

There have been a few people that have gotten a new SkyQ box V3 that has a external PSU and they have reported back this has fixed their pixelating issues, this hasn't been confirmed as a absolute fix or not not work for everyone as its a software issue not a hardware issue.

The v2 has an external PSU. The v3 went internal again.

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Mattym63 wrote:

@stevet.uk I received a new 2TB box on Friday and haven't had any pixelating issues since and I have tried all of the apps.

Also the software version is Q230.000.14.00L (5nf3ptk) hardware version 32B206.

When I had my older 1TB box I tried updating the software but it would stay on Q270.000.10.00L.v

That's because Q270.000.10.00L is the latest version. Q230 is much older software than Q270

Wouldn't surprise me if your box updates itself one night and the problem returns.

This message was authored by Govee This message was authored by: Govee

Enough is enough, subscription cancelled, I'm off... Hello Firestick!

This message was authored by Halil1974 This message was authored by: Halil1974

Prime and Disney plus pixelating

Hi all, recently tv was pixelating on certain apps like prime abd Disney however tv was old and then stopped working - sound but no picture. I now have a brand new tv Samsung but prime and Disney still pixelating. 
is anyone else having same issue on a Sky Q? I haven't tested on just smart tv app as yet but I'm thinking maybe it's the box? Haven't spoken to Sky yet either as it's ibtermittent but annoying specially on new tv as well. 

thanks 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion