Discussion topic: Sky Q Apps pixelating

This message was authored by NiceSwan This message was authored by: NiceSwan

Re: Sky Q Apps pixelating

Same issue. 
pixelating on all apps with Paramount being the worst. 
it's a joke how long this is going on. Looking at Virgin and moving ASAP

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Virgin have their own issues. I wouldn't move to that just because of a few apps I can run on something else.

This message was authored by Duckbay15 This message was authored by: Duckbay15

Absolutely terrible today - Disney is unwatchable.  Raging they haven't fixed this yet 

This message was authored by Megahard This message was authored by: Megahard

@BB5585Sky delivered by new Sky Q box today. I was disappointed that they shipped the V2 not V3 box. However, the good news is I've not experienced any pixelation on Netflix as yet. The V2 box might be a blessing as it has the external power supply it may help with the box overheating?

My software version is now Q270.000.08.00L (5u193c0) on hardware 32B106.

This message was authored by PGibson This message was authored by: PGibson

Hi Kev,

Appreciate you might not know the answer to this but I've seen a few people now say that a Sky Q box upgrade has fixed this problem, which would suggest this is more of a hardware problem rather than a software one? Would an upgrade be the way to go here? I'm currently on V1 (non-HDR) version.

Best Regards

Phil

@Megahard wrote:

@BB5585Sky delivered by new Sky Q box today. I was disappointed that they shipped the V2 not V3 box. However, the good news is I've not experienced any pixelation on Netflix as yet. The V2 box might be a blessing as it has the external power supply it may help with the box overheating?

My software version is now Q270.000.08.00L (5u193c0) on hardware 32B106.

Heh, I did have my doubts it would be a v3, they seem quite rare these days. Glad it's working.

This message was authored by Tina1961 This message was authored by: Tina1961

Our SW is currently Q270.000.10.02L. and seems to be 'ok' at the moment.

This message was authored by The+Gwim+Weaper This message was authored by: The+Gwim+Weaper

My guess is that Sky are trying to use a new codec to decompress streams (in an attempt to reduce bandwidth requirements/reduce costs) and the older hardware is unable to handle this.

This message was authored by GuyMartin This message was authored by: GuyMartin

Sky Q Apps pixelating

When watching apps via my Sky Q Box the picture keeps pixelating.  The box is connected via ethernet tested at 900Mbs download so that is not the problem.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@GuyMartin 

I've moved your post from the Accounts board into this thread discussing this issue. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

@The+Gwim+Weaper wrote:

My guess is that Sky are trying to use a new codec to decompress streams (in an attempt to reduce bandwidth requirements/reduce costs) and the older hardware is unable to handle this.

The codec would be under the control of the streamers wouldn't it? But yes the symptoms do look like something like this is going on and it's weird that multiple apps are affected.

I tested Netflix on my v3 for the length of a movie yesterday (The Platform 2 - brilliant and absolutely bonkers) and it was still all fine.

This message was authored by Iain+S+Miller This message was authored by: Iain+S+Miller

As with so many other customers, my streaming apps are pixelating.  Please Sky, give us a realistic forecast of repair or a refund of the monthly streaming portion of my subscription. But more importantly, please when will this be fixed? It's been going on for ages and is unacceptable how long the software is taking to repair.

This message was authored by Jsay This message was authored by: Jsay

I have the same problem and it's getting worse. Apple TV app, paramount plus etc all are unwatchable. Screen turns green, heavily pixelated with screen cut in half at times. Started a couple of weeks ago and now it's so bad we can't watch anything!! 

This message was authored by Simonvibes This message was authored by: Simonvibes

I've been having the same issue for about a month now.  I have a  Hard wired sky q box to router.  I have pixilated services on Netflix, Amazon, Apple, Disney plus ... @Sky im so frustrated I'm considering cancelling the service- for the money I pay each month it's appalling !! 

This message was authored by Mattym63 This message was authored by: Mattym63

Well I just got off the phone with Sky again concerning this issue. At first the lady told me there is no known issue, and I had to correct her on this and after a few minutes she confirmed there is a known issue.

She then wanted me to go through all of the resets which I already told her I did and I asked about getting a new box which she told me I wouldn't get one.

She then went on to say its not Sky's fault and I can watch the apps on other devices. I advised her that I wasn't able to watch the apps on another device and only able to watch them via the SkyQ box, and again she said that's not Sky's fault but my own I should have a smart TV.

I then pressed her on if the issue is a software issue on the SkyQ box and she confirmed yes there is a software issue which I then told her since its a Sky software issue then it is a issue for Sky, which again she stated its not Sky's fault.

I then asked for the status of the software update which she wasn't able to provide. She wasn't able to provide any updates or status and kept firm this isn't a Sky issue as I should be able to watch the apps on another devices.

I am completely shocked with this stand point.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion