Discussion topic: Sky Q Apps pixelating

This message was authored by dmall This message was authored by: dmall

Re: Sky Q Apps pixelating

What number are people calling which might result in getting a replacement HDR enabled box. I am a Sky VIP member, having been with Sky since it was first available

The last time I needed to contact Sky there was a dedicated number for VIP customers but I can't find it now. It was probably to arrange the original Sky Q 2TB box which is now very old.

I'm well out of contract now so seriously considering moving away. 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@dmall 

The old individual vip numbers were phased out some time ago. You can call Sky free by dialling 150 from a Sky Talk landline or a Sky Mobile, alternatively you can use:
https://www.sky.com/help/home
UK customers: Scroll down and click on ‘Need more help’ and it provides a 0333 number.
ROI customers: change the flag in the bottom right corner of the link to the ROI flag then scroll down and click on ‘Need more help’ and it provides a dedicated ROI number.
(The forum doesn’t allow us to type the numbers in full).

You will find that similar to calling other large companies the start will be automated which may also try to send you here to the forum. Stay on the line as long as possible and don’t hang up. If necessary say nothing when the automated system asks you what your call is about as it should then route your call into a queue for the next available agent.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Fill123 This message was authored by: Fill123

• 2nd oct and still nit sorted
This message was authored by ian+galloway This message was authored by: ian+galloway

Yes, I did but vague.... as "working on it" not that reassuring 🤷‍♂️

This message was authored by Megahard This message was authored by: Megahard

I have the same issue with Netflix pixelating when viewed using Sky Q. The netflix app on my Panasonic TV previously worked fine with zero pixelation before I linked my Netflix account to Sky. Both are connected to the same Sky router using ultrafast 500mb fibre. I think the Sky Q box just lacks graphics processing power even though I'm running latest firmware Q270.000.10.02L (5u193hm) on 32B062 hardware.

This message was authored by Andy001 This message was authored by: Andy001

When watching programmes through TV apps on my Q box the picture keeps pixelating.

When watching TV through Apps on my Qbox the picture keeps pixelating, this does not happen while watching apps directly through my TV. I believe this is due to a concern with the Qbox operation. Is there a planned fix for this? 

This message was authored by Mister_Dalek This message was authored by: Mister_Dalek

Re: When watching programmes through TV apps on my Q box the picture keeps pixelating.

This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia Answer

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi Everyone

We offer our sincere apologies for the delay in being able to fix this problem.

Our engineers continue to work on this complex problem and as soon as we have an update, we will let you all know.

Thank you for your perseverance.

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager
This message was authored by ChrisUK65 This message was authored by: ChrisUK65

So after calling Sky technical support they arranged to send a tech to my home after admiting that there was a problem but despite my request they would not provide a new Sky Q box as it was a software problem.

They told me that there was no compensation as it was only affecting services outside of their ownership (i.e. Netflix, Prime etc), to me this is a bit like a restaurant still charging you for a corked wine by blaming the problem on the winery!

It was only when I stated that I had noticed problems on recordings and live viewing of things like the F1 channel that they immediately stated that they would send a tech.

Tech arrived on time and with no argument or discussion changed my original series Sky Q box with the internal power supply that was running very hot to a new Q box with the external supply. Limited testing so far but we spent hours on Netflix and Prime last night and no sign of any problems at all.

The technician stated that it was a known problem with the hardware and that they had "thousands" of them to change. A shout out to the tech who was very professional and did the right thing with no pushing or argument:-)

So it seems after 3 months and lots of tech support contact they ours is fixed, I will keep an eye on it and update if I get any change. Good luck all.

PS: I am still so unhappy about this and the overall cost of Sky that I am still checking my options and may leave them after almost 20 years. 

This message was authored by JibbaJoy This message was authored by: JibbaJoy

Hi @ChrisUK65 , this is almost exactly what happened when I complained.

I was also unhappy with the rising cost of SqyQ so I spoke to them about removing some packages from my subscription but I only managed to get £5 off so I asked if Sky Stream would be any cheaper and yes it would be, but only by £11 and month and I would have to fork out nearly £120 for addition pucks.

I then said I would like to cancel my subscription and was immediately put through to the cancellation team who was able to offer me more discount as she could see my loyalty details (25 years with sky) and I got £20 off but only if I signed up for 2 years. This I will accept as my subs were due to go up to £125 next April so I'm effectively getting £35 off for 18 months (nearly 30% discount).

Now that the new main box has resolved the pixelating issue and with the new discount, I'm happy to continue plus I don't have to change anything 😀

SkyQ [H/W: 32B106] + 3 mini
Samsung 55" Neo QLED UHD TV
Swish Fibre 150 Symetrical
Linksys MX5400 Mesh network
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@JibbaJoy wrote:

I then said I would like to cancel my subscription and was immediately put through to the cancellation team who was able to offer me more discount as she could see my loyalty details (25 years with sky) and I got £20 off but only if I signed up for 2 years. 

@JibbaJoy 

All new discounted deals are now 24 months. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Aimeec1 This message was authored by: Aimeec1

So ......... 

5 months on for me and still no difference.

As I have said previously I do not have access to apps on TV and shouldn't have to anyway when they available via sky. 

Looking to leave after 18 years.

They just don't seem to have the same customer service standards anymore or quality of services. 

Real shame it really is. 😩😩😩😩

This message was authored by Megahard This message was authored by: Megahard

So I contacted Sky customer service today to complain about my Netflix picture quality. As I'm still using Sky Q 2TB 32B062 non-HDR (version 1), they agreed to send me the latest 32B2* (version 3) which supports HDR. Hopefully this will resolve the issue. 🤞

This message was authored by BB5585 This message was authored by: BB5585

@Megahard I truly hope your V3 box works for you. However, as per previous comments left on this now long thread of comments, it would appear that only the 32B1 V2 box (with external power supply) does not suffer from the pixelation issue. Please let us know how you get on. 

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

@BB5585 wrote:

@Megahard I truly hope your V3 box works for you. However, as per previous comments left on this now long thread of comments, it would appear that only the 32B1 V2 box (with external power supply) does not suffer from the pixelation issue. Please let us know how you get on. 

I have only had the issue once (on Prime video) on my v3 box.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion